12

Johnnys pov.

After hours of preparing we're almost ready for the party. Lexi said to just text her or Maisy when we're ready. But clearly we're not yet.

"Alright everyone gather up! I need to go through a checklist to see what else needs done!" I shout. I see a lot of people walk in.

"I'm taking attendance. Ok? Ok." I say. I know I'm a little harsh but I want Kenz to have a perfect birthday celebration.

"Brynn?" I look up to see her look at me weird and raise her hand. I roll my eyes and continue. "Bryce? Lilia?"

"Lilia's setting out the food." Bryce says and I nod.
"Hayden? Great! Annie?" I speak, looking up.

"Uhhh actually... yes I'm here, but could you guys start calling me Jules or Julianna?" She asks. "Its just I'm kinda tired of the nickname Annie and I used to go by it mainly cause it's what Caleb called me, but I guess I like Julianna more now. Or Jules."

"Oh, yeah of course. Sorry, Jules." I say apologetically and everyone agrees, giving her smiles before they quiet down and I continue to speak.

"Okay so she's here. Jayden? Check. Armani? Check. Carson, Joey?? Double check." I say, checking off people as I see they're still here. "Lauren?- WHERE ARE LAUREN AND WILL?!"

"They're getting the cake...." Jayden responds.
"They've been gone for 2 hours it doesnt take that long to pick up a cake!" I shout back in frustration. "They should be back by now! Where are they?!"

"Reeeelaxxxxx" Brynn says. "They're probably just off sucking faces somewhere-"
"Not making me feel better Brynn!" I shout at her and I see her flinch a little and Carson glares at me. I glare back at him.

"Chill out." Carson says, still glaring at me.
"Oh shut up hIgH aNd MiGhTy. You don't get to talk you hypocrite." Jayden says to him. I roll my eyes at the two.

"Not. Today!" I say in frustration.
"Sorry..." Jayden and Carson mumble, in unison, looking down at their shoes.

"SOMEONE GET LILLIAM BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!!" I shout "And no. I'm not shipping it. It's easier than saying Will and Lauren."

Suddenly, as if on cue, the door bursts open and Lauren runs in, Will following her, holding the cake and a bag trying not to drop it.

"What's wrong?" Lauren asks, looking around at us. "Hello????" She asks and nobody really responds, I go to check their names off the list. "Jay?? Joey?? Annie?-"

"You guys missed it but she wants to be called Julianna or Jules." I say, rolling my eyes.
"OH sorry babe." She says, looking to Jules and she smiles back. "Jules it is from now on!"

I see Will come back from putting the cake down in the kitchen and walk back towards Lauren and he stands there.

"SORRY we were gone so long, they messed up a detail on the cake so we made them send it back and redo it because we want it to be perfect for her 16th birthday." He says,  apologetically, then turns to Jules. "Oh and I heard. Hey Jules."

(A/n: I know she's already 16 but I started writing this when she was 15 so we're gonna do this)

"Thanks for being so cool about this..." Jules says in response.
"Duhhh" Brynn says, making Jules and her laugh.

"And thanks William and Lauren for getting the cake. Glad I'm not the only thing who wants things to be great and PERFECT." I emphasize, earning some glares.

"Actually we both do want it perfect but I cant take the credit for it. I'm not joking when I say Will was so overly aggressive about them fixing the cake and sending it back." Lauren says and Will looks at the floor sheepishly as I nod, proudly.