13

Kenzie's pov

After a long day hanging out with Maisy and Lexi, we get in the car and decide to head home. Suddenly Lexi decided we needed gas.... dont know what that was about but okay?

We stop and she gets out to fill up the gas tank and looks at her phone impatiently. She pays and says she has to go to the bathroom. I sit in the car and decide to play games on my phone as I wait for her.

She comes out smiling and says it's time to go. I furrow my eyebrows at my best friend's weird behavior but I ignore it and we continue on with the car ride.

Once we get home, Lexi seemingly checks something on her phone again and then gets out, walking us inside.

I open the door to a somewhat dark house, surprising me, seeing as 15 people live here. I reach for the light switch and fumble with it before flipping it on.

"SURPRISE!!" I hear shouts from every which way making me nearly jump out of my skin. I look around to see a ton of my friends, more than who just lives here. The room is decorated nicely and so are the staircases on the side leading upstairs.

"What the hell!? You scared the shit out of me!" I shout as I'm laying on the ground at this point, having fallen over. I reach my arms out for someone to help me up, which Maisy quickly does. "What is this?"

"Happy Birthday, Mack Z." Johnny says, grinning widely at me.
"You know, that's not until tomorrow right?" I say, jokingly.

"That's the surprise." A voice says behind me and I freeze. "This is the other one though." I slowly turn around to face the familiar girl with blue eyes. I gasp and wrap my arms around her quickly, the action being reciprocated.

"Maddie!" I exclaim. "I havent seen you in forever!" I whisper to her and she nods in response before speaking

"Me either." She says. "But you're gonna have to let go of me, you're crushing me." She chokes out the last sentence and I quickly pull away, muttering a 'sorry'.

"Thank you guys so much." I say turning to the others, smiling wide as ever. This was all I've really been needing recently. A fun party or get together with new as well as good friends, and Maddie of course.

"Let's get this party started!" Jayden says and I laugh as she quickly moves to a spot on the staircase and clicking something on a device as music starts to play.

She starts doing a dorky dance as Jules, Lilia and I look at each other and burst out laughing, trying to contain ourselves.

She laughs with us and Armani tells her to come back downstairs or at least stop dancing like that, making us laugh even harder.

After a while, Jay calmed down and we all enjoyed the party. I made my way over to Lilia talking to a girl. I recognize her from somewhere but I cant remember.

"Hey Lilia!" I greet. She smiles and hugs me.
"Hey birthday girl! Oh! This is Jillian. My gi-" She starts and I cut her off, chuckling.

"Your girlfriend, of course!" I say and turn to Jillian. "Its great to meet you. I've heard so much about you! I'm Kenzie."
"Of course! Happy birthday." Jillian says and I give her a warm smile.

"Oh, it was great talking to you guys, I'll probably be back, I should go see Jules." I say and they nod as I walk off.

"Hey" I speak softly approaching the girl.
"Hey Kenzie! Happy birthday." She smiles at me widely.
"Thanks Jules. Did you all do this? The 11 of you?" I ask, looking around.

"11? Oh! Right, Maisy and Lexi were with you all day." She responds. "And I'm sorry to break it to you, but we let Carson help too. We had a little help from Maddie and Jillian since they showed up early."