Keep Out

Bella was relieved to not have to be up at 4 am to work in the laundry. She had a nice sleep thanks to that disgusting brown liquid and she had delicious bread and jam for breakfast. Kara had come in to visit her on her breaks. According to Kara, Georgia was really annoyed that she was getting punishment. Kara said she's been talking all about hurting Bella again and how much she hates her. It kind of scared Bella, but than again she was used to fear. She used to having a target on her back all the time and never being able to trust anyone, so why would this be any different. Her biggest fear though was still someone finding out who she was. Or even worse Kara finding out. She overhead talk about hunting down the Resistance and how excited Kara was about it. She told Bella she overhead how they had found a Resistant and tortured them for information. It made Bella feel sick to the stomach, she had actually known the boy too. He and her used to go to school together he was in her brothers year. Her heart dropped as she thought of her brother. She always tried to block him out of my head, but there was always a part of me missing him everyday and every night. She missed her parents too. She had no idea what had happened to them. Most likely they had been killed.

Bella was sitting on my bed as the nurse was feeding Bella her lunch and lovely brown liquid..... She was swallowing her last spoonful of soup. The nurse said she would be able to leave this afternoon, but that her hours had been cut at the laundry while she was gaining her strength back. Bella saw John walk through the nurses room. The nurse had already scurried off to clean her dishes. He smiled at Bella, with those kind blue eyes. She loved his smile it was so calming. Whenever she saw him smile, it automatically mad her smile.

"How are you feeling?" He asked coming over to sit on the edge of Bella's bed.

"Much better thank you" Bella replied shakily.

"I'm so sorry about what happened' John said the smile dropping from his face.

"I tried to get her a bigger punishment, but dad wouldn't buy it-" Bella could see the anger building up inside him and she took his hand.

"It's okay you saved me and I can't thank you enough for that. Since I have been here you have always saved me" Bella smiled up at him. She saw John's lip quirk bashfully and saw the pink come to his cheeks.

"I will always protect you, you have my word" John replied. Bella felt her heart drop inside of her. Her mind started racing like crazy.

"I have to get back to training, I just wanted to check on you and make sure you were okay" John said letting go of her hand and getting up.

Bella felt a coldness come over her hand as his warmth left her. She waved him goodbye and watched as he walked off to the fighting room. She didn't realise the nurse was waiting to re-bandage her wounds as she was staring at John. Bella came out of her day dream and relaxed as the nurse changed her bandages and applied healing ointments.

"I will always protect you, you have my word" Bella told herself as she fell into a sleep.

Bella was leaving the nurses room still thinking about her visit from John. Her heart dropped as it came back to reality. He was one of them, if he knew who she was he would kill her! He was the generals son, she couldn't trust him, her life depended on it. Bella hurried back to her bunk room. When she walked in everyone stared at her. She felt uncomfortable she stood there to scared to move.

"Hey good to see you back!" Kara exclaimed coming up to hug her. Bella didn't know if she should hug back or not. On one side of the equation Kara had defended her, but on the other side she was torturing her kind. What about if she had tortured her brother? Bella leaned back into Kara's hug not wanting to look suspicious. Kara let go and let Bella over to her bunk. The other girls all went back to pretending to do something.

"I need to go prepare dinner soon, are you okay on your own?" Kara asked.

"Yeah I am all good thank you" Bella replied. Bella waited to Kara had left than followed behind her out of the door. There was no way she was staying here alone. Bella wanted to find their control rooms, the places where Kara was overhearing all this information. Bella searched the halls, she passed the dining room and the nurses office and girls bunk 2. Bella kept walking down and found a corridor she hadn't explored yet. It was empty there was a door at the end saying keep out. Well of course that made Bella want to go in more. She saw someone come out and hid behind the wall, turning on her invisibility. She watched as they past her and she checked behind her to see if the coast was clear. She crept quietly because her tracks could be seen in the dirt. She pressed her ear to the door trying to listen if there was anyone in there. She heard voices and she knew if the door magically opened someone would get suspicious. So she waited for someone else to come back. About 20 minutes later the same guy came back with a mug in his hand sipping and humming to himself. Bella pressed herself closely to the wall as he opened the door. Before it shut, she quickly slipped through. The man had stopped right in front of the door and Bella had to hold her breath and flatten herself against the door. The man eventually moved and Bella followed behind him. She looked around her the room was massive filled with computers and large screens covering the walls. She looked at one screen she saw the boy she knew, sitting in a chair. He was pale, with gashes, cuts and bruises all over him. He looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks.

"Tell us where the others are" Someone yelled at him, but they boy remained silent as any good resistance would. Bella cringed as a whip was smacked against the boys face but she barely saw him even twitch.

"Tell us where they are!!" The man screamed again and again hitting the boy with the whip over and over. Bella watched a tear drip down the boys blooded face. The man grabbed him by the collar and yelled

"Tell me where they are!!!!" Bella couldn't watch it was disgusting. She looked away and flinched as she heard the man punch the boy. She looked up and saw the boy laying unconscious on the floor. She felt her eyes well up with tears.

Who could be so cruel to do this? She looked around the other screens and saw the same thing happening with girls, mothers and fathers and even children. Bella felt sick to the stomach, she couldn't watch anymore, but she knew one thing. She needed to learn to defend herself, she had to get ready to fight.