The Journey Begins

The nurse had healed Bella's injuries and had told her she would need to stay in the hospital for a couple of days to let them heal completely. She was too tired to disagree with the request so she did as she was told and rested. She pretend to sleep when John's father came in demanding to talk to her and find out who she really was, but the nurse refused and insisted she needed rest.

It had been 3 days since Bella had been dragged here and she was starting to gain her strength again.

"You're injuries are healed now so I see no need for you to stay here. So I will call someone to come show you around and get you comfy for the time being".

Bella thanked the nurse and after a couple of minutes a lady in a white apron came into the room.

"Hello I am Susan and I will give you the grand tour, come with me please." The woman asked smiling at Bella. Bella followed the lady through to a massive room shaped like a dome. It had boxes stacked up with different supplies and Bella watched as people ran around everywhere carrying food, doing laundry or carrying fighting gear to a room at the end of the hall. Bella squinted trying to see it, but bumped into Susan who had stopped to enter a room.

"Oh sorry" Bella apologized.

"No problem, now this is the main room a bit like a corridor so people can come in and out and somewhere we can store supplies. This room is the bunks for the girls here's a spare one for you" Susan said patting a cot. "There's spare clothes on that shelf above you and a bar of soap" Susan said pointing to the shelf. "The bathrooms are at the back there to the left and the showers same on the right. Now follow me to the dinning room." Bella followed Susan into a large room packed with tables and chairs. "This is where you will eat all your meals and if you stay here you will either work here cleaning the dishes or preparing them or in the laundries which is the door we passed back there" Susan said as she kept walking.

"What is this room?" Bella asked as she stopped outside the room that people were carrying weapons into.

"Ahhh oh that's not for you dear, that's the fighting room were men are taught to fight to protect us from the others.-"

"But why not women, how are we supposed to protect ourselves?" Bella asked.

"Ha well you see dear women do the house work and care for the children while the men go out to fight, it's just the way it's supposed to be" Susan replied.

"Oh" Bella said disappointed.

"Now if you head back to your room someone will come get you in an hour or so to talk to the general so we can see whether you will be staying with us for long or not" Susan said with a smile.

"Okay thank you" Bella said as she made her way back to the bunks.