A Hiding Spot

After Bella had washed up and changed into her clothes she went out to wander around the cave. She saw the men were still fighting and she desperately wanted to watch them. She knew she would get in trouble if she did though. She needed to find a hiding spot, where she could watch and learn and not get caught. Surely, there is a vent or something she can get through she thought to herself. 

Bella checked around that there weren't many people. All clear. She walked around to the back of the fighting room and saw and entrance door. She opened it and saw a door to enter the stadium or a corridor to the change rooms. She knew if she took either she could get caught, but it was worth it to her. Bella tip toed down the hall and heard what sounded like three voices. She heard the voices leave and thought it was her opportunity to have a look. She walked into the change rooms and looked around. The next door lead to the stadium. Bella looked up and saw a flap on the roof. She couldn't reach it, so she jumped up onto the desk and pulled the flap down to unlock it. Surely there must have been an easier way to get in but Bella was used to the hard way. The flap opened into a dark room and Bella grabbed on to the sides and pulled herself up through the opening. She climbed into a dark little room that looked like storage. There were weapons, mats, uniforms and bags of stuff. Bella stepped over everything carefully and found a little window at the end. She peered through it squinting through the dust. She looked down below and saw the men fighting. No one ever came up here so surely she could get away with using it she thought. She could come here after her shifts and watch and learn moves that she could use. She could practise with them and use the training stuff up here to teach herself. Bella smiled to herself proudly. The bell rang for dinner and Bella's smile dropped. She heard a rush of feet underneath her running to the dining hall. She knew it would be risky if anyone saw her coming out, would probably end her life. She waited a while than jumped down through the hole and hurried along to dinner. 

Bella gulped down a big dinner quietly afraid this could be her last meal. She again listened to the conversations taking place around her and kept to herself. She wasn't so alone anymore and she liked it. Bella felt someone tap her shoulder and she turned around. A girl with bright turquoise hair and brown eyes with a freckly face was waving at her.

"Hi I'm Kara" the girl said.

"Hi I'm Hailey" Bella replied.

"Yeah I know I'm above your bunk ha ha. Saw you had a rough day yesterday hey?"

"Ah yeah I guess ha ha" Bella said faking a smile.

"Well anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know if she bothers you again just give me a yell ha ha and I'll sort her out" Kara said smiling.

"Thanks" Bella replied.

"No worries, well I'll see you around enjoy your dinner." Kara waved.

"You too" Bella smiled back. Did I just make a friend. Bella question herself. The only thing though, was this girl really a friend or was she an enemy to Bella. In reality everyone here was an enemy to her, she was one of them, they all hated her kind.