I've Got Your Back

Bella woke up quickly and got changed for her shift. She kept her head down and worked hard. She avoided Kara all day. She didn't even know what to say to her anymore, could she trust her? No of course no! She wanted to kill her !!! After Bella had finished her lunch, she hurried to the fighting room. She turned on her invisibility and slid into the change rooms quickly, shutting the door behind her. Bella grabbed the flap and pulled it open. She climbed up into the storage room than looked up and saw John standing above her. She turned visible again and closed the door behind her. "Hey" John whispered as Bella hugged him. He gave her a tight reassuring squeeze than stepped back to look into her eyes. "Okay here are your clothes" John said handing Bella a baggy jumper, a beanie and long pants. "We are on break, but we will start training again in about 20 minutes okay?" Bella nodded scared. "I will let you get changed and you can come down when you are ready, I have informed the instructor that we have a beginner". John explained. "I believe in you" John said reading Bella's mind. Bella looked up into John's eyes. "Thank you for saving me" She said. "Thank you for being mine" John said leaning down to Bella's lips. The kiss was soft, but sweet. Bella forgot about the world, the war, the violence, the constant watching and focused on this moment right now where she was infinite.

Bella pulled the baggy jumper over her head. It smelt like John. She stuffed her stray pieces of hair under the beanie. She checked the coast was clear before jumping into the change rooms. Bella pulled the hood over her head and walked out into the training room. It was so different than what she had seen up in the spare room. There was a whole wall dedicated to weapon's, from guns, to knives, to bows and arrows this room had everything. There were mats and punching bags, rings and weights. Bella looked up trying to find John. About 40 pairs of eyes were on her and she started to feel anxious. "Nate is it?" Bella turned to where to voice had come from. A tall, muscely man was watching her. He was covered in tattoos and piercing and had purple hair and an evil grin. Is he talking to me Bella thought? "Ahh yeah this is Nate" John said coming over to Bella and she suddenly felt a massive weight off her shoulders. "Can he not speak for himself?" The man asked. "His tongue was cut off in a Resistance attack" John explained. How did he come up with this stuff? "Bloody bastards they are" The man replied. "Alright Nate, I'm Max. I am your trainer and while you are here you abide by my rules, understand?" Max asked raising an eyebrow. Bella nodded in agreement. "Alright men! Line up!" Max yelled. John grabbed Beela's sleeve and pulled her beside him. "Now, we have an attack in a few months. We need to be ready to fight and to fight hard, understood?" Max yelled pacing up and down. "I want you to pair up, we are going to practise attack and defense" Bella turned to John and he nodded.

For what felt like hours they practised attacking each other and defending from their attackers. Bella's muscles felt like they were about to explode inside her body. "Are you okay?" John asked. She nodded her head and took a deep breath and readied herself for his next hit. She could tell he was trying to go easy on her, he could read her thoughts as well so it was really no secret to him. Bella followed John back to his room and lay down flattened on the bed. "You can rest here if you wan't my dad want's to see me" John told Bella. "Okay thank you" Bella said closing her eyes and sinking into the soft mattress.

Bella sat down at the dinner table watching around her for Kara. Where was John? What had happened? Bella's hand started shaking so she clasped them together and took deep breathes. The dinner hall was clattered people everywhere, joking around, banging their cutlery and yelling for food. It was feral it's like they had no respect. 'Oh yeah, they don't' Bella thought. Bella jumped as she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Hey! Where have you been? I've been looking for you all day ?!". Bella's heart dropped as she heard Kara's voice. "Hey I ah felt sick" Bella replied.