[12]

From the laboratory of Stark Industries, Tony Stark took off his jacket and plopped it down on his chair. He needed a long break after a long day of work. Tony glanced out of the window for a moment to see a pink flare in the distance. Galactus. Now the flare was brighter than it was before. Now they couldn't deny the presence of Galactus for a star. He was coming, and fast too.

The mask on Tony's suit dissipated as he landed in Retail Row. He walked over to the local Pizza Pit. Luckily the place was still open. After he put his order in, he sat down in a booth. After he got his pizza, he started savoring every last bite of the cheesy goodness as the thought of Galactus was interrupted by the thick slice of pizza.

**********

Midas sat quietly inside of Club Shotgun. He swayed his empty bottle of alcohol side to side. Maybe he'd book a room there. Club Shotgun evolved a lot over time. It was more of an adults only hotel or something like that.

"I was told I would find you here." Jules said.

Midas looked at her, unenthusiasticly. The terror on Skye's face has burned into Midas' memory and he can't shake the sight. After another brief moment of silence, Midas decided to get the keys to a room.

"So, what did you need?" Midas groaned.

"I just want to comfort you." Jules replied.

Jules plopped down on the hotel room's bed and waited for Midas to join her. Midas took off his shoes and his coat, then he fell into the bed alongside Jules. He forced the covers over his shoulders and started thinking about the ones who were killed. Jules placed her hand on Midas' cheek.

"Good people die, Midas. Eventually, you're going to have to see that. You can miss them as much as you want, but you can't let it hold you back from living your life forever." Jules said.

To Midas, Jules just sounded like his mother. Midas didn't remember much of his Mother, but he did love her, and spent some of the best moments of his life with her. Midas looked to Jules and wrapped his arms around her. The two shared a kiss and Midas buried his face into Jules' chest, pulling her closer. Jules pat Midas' back a few times, before they both eventually dozed off.

**********

Axo woke up on the couch and it took him a moment to remember the movie he was watching with Rust Lord. Once he got up, he saw Dark Bomber packing a few things in her suitcase and in his suitcase.

"What's going on?" Axo asked, still drowsy.

"I was going to head down to the beach, if you wanted to come with?" Dark Bomber replied.

"Sure, then. I'll be ready soon."

Wearing large swim trunks, Axo got out of the bathroom and Dark Bomber headed in. After a bit, the door opened and when Axo peered up, his jaw dropped. Dark Bomber's sleek swimsuit astonished Axo.

"Well, let's go." Dark Bomber smirked.

**********

Dark Bomber and Axo sat on their surfboards, swaying side to side in the calm waters near Sweaty Sands.

"Its nice out, isn't it?" Dark Bomber said, the sound of the ocean calming her.

Axo agreed silently, staring at the ocean. His gaze was quickly directed to a group of seagulls standing on some rocks near Coral Castle. They looked to be pecking at a piece of plastic, but knowing where they were, it was probably a bag of potato chips.

"Do you still have dreams of the Storm King?" Axo asked.

"No, but I feel like... like he's with me. Its like he's watching me in some way." Dark Bomber replied. "It's like he's using me as a portal from where he came from to this island."

"A portal? Are you in contact with Midas and that Tony Stark guy?" Axo said, a great idea fresh in his mind.