[14]

Axo struggled to get on his feet. Scratches and bruises covered his legs and torso. He loaded his assault rifle and stared at The Storm King and his proud appearance.

"Axo, wait." Drift groaned, forcing himself to his feet.

Drift stood next to Axo. The two of them alone couldn't stop The Storm King, but it was worth dying to try. As the storm around them grew angrier, The Storm King grew more powerful. The Storm King roared in a way that seemed similar to that of laughing. Both Drift and Axo's aimed their assault rifles, but before they could shoot, a portal opened behind them. Stepping through was Dark Bomber. Drift and Axo couldn't help but grin.

"How'd you get here?" Axo asked.

"You got here through my mind and when I woke up, I got a rift-to-go and when I thought of this place, I had somebody use the rift for me in real life. Once I got into my own mind, I decided to come up with some weapons that'll help us and then I went through a big portal here I am." Dark Bomber explained.

"You used your dream to teleport to a real place? That must be a huge technological advancement." Drift thought aloud.

Dark Bomber pulled one of the weapons she created from her pocket. It was a handle and then she pressed a button on the side which allowed the handle to create two metal sticks which worked as support for the blade which happened to be made out of a material similar to plasma. Dark Bomber approached The Storm King with the blade. The Storm King stared down at her, his chest charging up.

"Everyone, stand back!" Dark Bomber yelled.

Once The Storm King fired his laser, with all of her strength, Dark Bomber deflected the laser with the blade. The Storm King's own laser struck back at his chest, destroying the crystal and shutting down his portal to the island. The Storm King screeched in pain, clawing at his chest.

"Now he can't shoot his lasers!" Drift exclaimed, only to be proven wrong.

The Storm King's eyes started glowing yellow. He opened his mouth to reveal a purple and yellow glow coming from his throat. The Storm King swatted Dark Bomber away with the intent to kill Drift and Axo with his blast. Drift and Axo dodged out of the way of the blast just barely.

"Stop!" Dark Bomber said, approaching The Storm King. "Don't hurt them, hurt me, I'm the reason this is happening. You just want to conquer the island right? Just please don't hurt them."

The Storm King stared down at Dark Bomber, seeming to understand her.

"No! Get away from that thing!" Axo called out.

The Storm King reached towards Dark Bomber and started absorbing her energy. Soon, Dark Bomber began to feel weak.

Midas walked around one of the rocks, still a little tired to see what was going on. Midas joined Drift and Axo who weren't as confused and tired as he was. Weak, Midas passed out from all the action once again.

"Dark Bomber, don't!" Axo yelled, running up to her.

"It's... okay..."

Once The Storm King had enough, he started pulling away. Dark Bomber stabbed The Storm King through the hand and kept him upon her. The Storm King roared.

"You want my power? You're taking all of it!" Dark Bomber said.

As the power overwhelmed The Storm King, Axo remembered what happened to Jules. Her powers were completely ripped away, but Jules isn't like Dark Bomber. Only a small part of her had the storm energy. Dark Bomber is nothing but storm energy.

"No! No, no no!" Axo said reaching for Dark Bomber.

Drift quickly wrapped his arms around Axo to restrain him. Axo clawed at Drift, doing all he can to get free.

"I won't let you go!" Axo cried, tears dropping from his face into the water they stood in. "Please don't leave!"

Tears fell from Dark Bomber's face too. She looked back at Axo and nodded.

"I love you." She said.

The Storm King roared in energy as Dark Bomber's power and energy consumed him. A purple glow radiated from every hole and crystal on The Storm King's body, the glow getting brighter and brighter until a loud noise sounded and a flash consumed the area. Once the bright light had faded, there was no sign of Dark Bomber, and some chunks of The Storm King's flesh were littered through the area alongside a bunch of crystals. Axo fell to his knees. The thing he loved the most was gone.