Chapter XVII: Back into another Monastery (Edan)

"Hey, wake up..." I hear Angelica. She saw me sleeping lying on the floor but I couldn't move much since the mushroom's spore is still in effect. "Edan..." she started stomping me and it doesn't really hurt but it is annoying and I think I'll just stay for five more minutes. The spores might be gone now since I can move my fingers a little but I'm a little bit lazy to move. "Eeeeedannn...." she started kicking me and eventually came to the last resort which results in using fire. I quickly rolled over after woken up and looked at her with my eyes shaking. "I can't believe I'm saying this but... I need your help."

Chapter XVII: Back into another Monastery (Edan)

Hearing what she said, I had a duck face looking straight to her eyes. "What hap..."

           "He got away." She said.

           "From you? How can you miss a wounded..."

           "Ohhhh...." I continued saying after we got there seeing an enormous gate to where she led me. The place is covered with brick walls and it's snowing less here. I can see the road clearly. We both can feel a presence of energy of some kind although we can't really understand what it was. "And you can't open it with your skills?"

           She jabbed my arm and was pushed back a little "Baka! Do you think it's that easy to cast a spell!? There's concentrating and focusing and emphasizing and deliberating and-and... focusing!"

           Everything that she said is still the same I thought as I frown. And what's that word about 'Baka'? I've been in school for long and I know that's not a word. "Hey, what's Baka?"

           "Like I said... Baka." She crossed her arms and points her head up closing her eyes. "For a person that doesn't read Mangas..." She started looking at the gate.

           "Now I get why the other clerics in Mana Ridge call you Nerdy-Sama" OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! The comeback is real!

           "What did you say punk!?" She held her staff and her orb starting to glow. "Why don't we settle this now!?"

           "There's a craze maniac in there and I don't think that we should be fighting amongst ourselves. But..." I held my shield and grabbed my mace out from my shield preparing to fight. "I guess this won't take a while."

           "Indeed... this won't take a while." She grins and then looks at me. "Dilitrio Pyravliki!"

           "Ieraboul..." I casted. Her poisonous poison missile went towards me as my yellow bolt of light went towards her. I dodged her skill but skill traveled slower, slow as a running man so she easily dodged it and hit the gate behind her.

           "Is that how slow a cleric's spell is?" she asked and laughs a little.

           "It's not a spell... it's a skill." The orb that hit the gate spread out and made a yellowish wave which caught her. She was bound with yellowish like straps circling around her.

           "I- can't move."

           "Like I said, it's a skill." I returned my mace. "And also... Baka!" I started to wonder. "Whatever that means..."

           The gate behind started to open and we both gaped at it... well she only looked half-way through since she's still bound. The skill wore off. "How did you open that?" She looked at me and then back to the entrance. "I tried a lot of spells to open it? How can it..."

           "It's light elemental triggered." I answered as she switched to me. "It's a way to improve defenses protecting ourselves from sorceress since normally you people use dark magic."

           "You're starting to sound nice to me? Why?" Her voice is slightly low.

           "If Cleric Cedric is that serious about this..." I moved inside. "I guess we have to work together." She gazed like she understood what I have said. Instead of her arguing with me, she quickly follows me instead. The monastery here is identical like the same from the place when we fought the Minotaur, except it's quieter; the books aren't shattered much on the bookshelves and no monsters inside. Walking for minutes in here, still no one to be seen other than sorceress Angelica walking beside m-... I forgot to check on her. Where did she go this time? The Chandeliers started to move from the other part of the bookshelves. I ran going there quickly only to see Angelica standing on a ladder carrying various books. "What are you doing?"

           "I'm... getting some Mangas. These are very rare ones and I didn't even know that they're here!" Her eyes widened and her face filled with wonders. She didn't even notice that a step from the ladder cracked, eventually it broke and she fell down.

           My conscious tells me *DIE B*TCH!* but my instincts told me to catch her. This fourty-eight kilogram girl landed in my arms and both of us were surprised. "Erm... uh... be careful."

          "Yeah sure." She says looking away from me.

           I was getting fresh so I dropped her. "Hehehe" The books that she carried earlier landed above me though so I quite fell down too.

           We continued walking to this monastery and found a wide open room ceilings exposed where the sun shines down and less cracked floor and walls. We passed through its gate and found nothing again. "Well... we've searched everywhere... but we still haven't sensed anomaly." She worriedly turned to me. "It's been quiet for a while now and I'm starting to think that he's already left when I came to get you."

           "You think?" I asked.

           "Apparently."

           "I don't think so." I replied. "Let's think all over this. There's one way in, and one way out. The only thing that we've been searching is him but not the orb, or the staff. I don't think he would've just hid those back in the hallways but rather here. So if we search this room, we might find something, or rather find someone hiding."

          "Now that you mentioned it and based on the Manga that I've read... large room, quite area, no sight of enemies, this could resemblance only one thing." She gazed at me. "This is a boss room."

          The gate closed and the wind entered from above scattering papers around. A dark silhouette with black clouds spawned above the column. The Dragon Follow stood 15 feet from us. "Correct, this is indeed a boss room, and the very last boss that you'll ever fight."

           He betrayed the Goddess so I guess there's no turning him back. "Let's hope that you are indeed the last boss here, but not the last boss that we'll ever fight."

           "Edan... let's go!"

.

************************************************************************************

Check the Updates for news both related and unrelated to the story.