[ 01 / 10 ]

"I need a purpose, I can't keep surfingThrough this existential misery"

Through this existential misery"

banri settsu was trying to find something, anything to make him feel alive again

being burned out was the boss level monster of his life. though he says he lives life in easy mode, he finds it difficult to defeat this boss. it's himself, after all.

at first, banri felt his blood pump with adrenaline whenever he fights someone, that didn't last long though. soon, he got tired of fighting and winning all the time.

it's all the same outcome after all.

however that changed when he was defeated by juza hyodo, the only one that left him with his ass on the ground.

what did banri do? chase him down to get revenge? of course he did.

joining the company with hyodo, banri somehow found the thing that kept him fired up. nothing better than a good rivalry with mutual respect.

banri is far from stupid, he knew he was greedy. he knew he wanted more.

the first time he was defeated in his life, his hatred turned into respect.

was he going to respect the second guy that beat him? hell no.

banri stared at the night sky, laying flat on his back, wondering;

"where the fuck did it go wrong?"

he was out, shopping by himself when a cocky good for nothing bastard was harassing a woman passing-by.

banri didn't think twice before lunging at the man.

the next thing he knew, was that he was laying flat on his ass with bruises and blood scattered all over his beaten up body.

was he too slow? too weak? or maybe the guy was much more stronger than him?

banri felt disappointed in himself.

the time he actually used his fighting prowess for something meaningful, he failed.

banri closed his eyes with a sigh as he felt the numbing pain envelope his body.