prologue | creating a little chemistry

It was a chilly October night, barely minutes before midnight, and while all the other students of Hogwarts were fast asleep, Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson had mischief on their minds.

It had started that day, as most things tended to, in a fight between Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy.

"He's gone too fucking far this time," Draco had seethed, bursting into the Slytherin Common Room and slamming his books dramatically down on the table. He was always one to make an entrance.

Blaise and Pansy looked up with nothing more than lazy interest; they'd heard that specific phrase many times and didn't need to ask who, exactly, had gone too far.

"Insufferable, hateful, evil little bastard," Draco fumed, so worked up that he couldn't help but pace frantically around the room.

He ran a hand aggressively through his blonde hair, the static from his rings causing it to stick up in very un Draco-like tufts.

His friends watched on with mild amusement; they'd never seen him this angry over Potter before. And they were only a month into the first term of the year.

"Shall I tell you what he's done, or would you both prefer to gawp at me for a bit longer?" Draco snarled.

"Prefer to gawp," Blaise grinned, but Draco ignored him. The question had clearly been rhetorical.

"Fine, I'll tell you then. The little shit-"

His friends, well used to this topic by now, had zoned out. But an unkind idea was beginning to form in Pansy's mind.

"Wouldn't it be funny," she whispered to Blaise, holding back a giggle, "If we spiced up tomorrow's Potions class with a little ..... chemistry, shall we say ..... between Potter and Draco?"

Blaise frowned. "What is tomorrow's Potions class?"

Pansy was almost scarlet with the effort of repressing her laughter now, and took a deep breath to steady her emotions. "Amortentia," she choked out, before collapsing into hysterics.

________________________________

a/n: so this is just a very short start to the work because i wanted to begin putting ideas down for it - the chapters will obviously be longer but that's just the prologue!!

it's not going to be a long book, i'm thinking about 20 chapters, but i really am loving my notes so far, there's good stuff ahead!

please comment anything you'd like to see, or any questions!

~ paradisedraco