#Triggered

When you wake up the first thing you hear is purring. At first, you can't tell if it's Scar or if it's you.

It's both of you, Nate informs you, Anyways, it's time to get up, the Faceless One said breakfast will be in an hour and since I'm apparently a new resident he wants to introduce me to the others even though I said I didn't want to be introduced.

You sigh before getting ready for the day. As you change clothes you remember that you have wings now. You'll have to ask Trender if he can alter your shirts and sweaters to have slits in them so you don't have a similar incident as yesterday happen.

Put Starshine in the hood of your sweater.

You find this an odd request but you figure that this way you can keep both hands free and place Scar in your hood. Turns out this causes him to become an instant purr machine. As it doesn't bother you, you leave him be. Checking that you have your scalpel in your pocket and your mask in place, you head down to breakfast without crossing paths with anyone.

"Good morning, EJ," Jane greets you, handing you a cup of plain black coffee as you sit in your seat, "Where's Scar?"

"In my hood," You answer, moving your mask in order to take a drink of your coffee. As if to confirm your answer, you feel him move around so he can peer over your shoulder. Ben is quick to snap a picture.

"Did you dye your hair, EJ?" Masky asks.

"No," Thankfully, Slender enters before you have to explain.

"Everyone, we have someone new joining us for the foreseeable future," Slender tells the others, "EJ?"

"Give me a moment,"

Do you give me permission to control your body?

Yes.

He doesn't push you entirely out of the way to take full control like you thought he would. Instead, it's more like he just nudges you over so he can also be at the controls. You're in control but not at the same time.

He stretches to get a feel for how your body works and to get used to being in a body again. It's a weird feeling, to be completely aware yet knowing it's not exactly you who's moving.

"I know it's been a while since I had a body," Nate says, cracking your fingers, neck, and back, "But not too long for me to know they aren't supposed to be this tense. Seriously, you need a massage or at the very least, you need to stretch more,"

You internally sigh as you hear Slender mutter something along the lines of 'Angels being awful at introductions and first impressions'.

He's not wrong, Nate tells you mentally with a shrug.

"If you would please introduce yourself?" Slender asks him.

"Of course," Nate nods at Slender before clearing 'his' throat, "I go by the name Nathan Light or Nate for short. I am an Angel of the Lord and one of Scar's Soulmates," You happen to notice LJ stiffen slightly at the word 'Angel'.

Jeff gives a mocking laugh, "And I'm the damn President!"

"You don't believe me?" Nate raises 'his' eyebrow.

"Of course not," He sneers, "Angels and soulmates don't exist as they're a load of bullshit fairytales,"

Nate hums, glancing at LJ, "I'm afraid your monochrome friend there would have to disagree with you, right, Laughing Jack-In-A-Box?"