Messed up Final Selections

Y/N followed her crow around the district Tomioka lived in. Even though it was in a district, Toimioka's estate was actually in the woods. She first searched around the actual district and didn't find him. They then headed to his estate. Y/N knocked on the door "Hello? Tomioka san? Are you in there?" No one responded. She found a window and looked inside. He was sitting in the middle of an empty room. She knocked again. "Tomioka san? What're you doing?"

Was that Y/N? What's she doing here? Please go away. Please leave. Tomioka frantically thought as he stared at the door. 

Y/N sighed. I can't disobey Oyakata sama's orders. I have a plan. "Okay, coming in!" Wait did she say coming in? Nononono please leave. Y/N slowly opened the door and Tomioka stared at her. She stared back up at him since he was way taller than her.

"What're you doing here?" Tomioka asked and Y/N shrugged. "Please leave." Y/N didn't move. "Then I'll leave." He tried to walk out the door but Y/N blocked it with her hands. Tomioka groaned and glared at the floor.

"No." Tomioka tilted his head and tried to push Y/N out the way but failed. "Oyakata sama told me to talk to you. Is something wrong?" He looked up at her again and squinted. "What do you mean 'wrong'?" He rudely asked.

Y/N shrugged again. She then looked closer at Tomioka. "You seem hurt." Tomioka tilted his head in confusion. "Emotionally. Not physically. What's wrong?" Tomioka sighed.

"If I tell you would you please leave." Y/N nodded. It's not like if she fails, Tanjirou would just come and ask the same things. "I don't deserve to me the Water Pillar." He said. Y/N also tilted her head in confusion. "Now move." He pushed her out of the way and walked outside. Y/N followed him from behind.

"What do you mean you don't deserve to be the water pillar? You're amazing, Tomioka san! You literally defeated lower moon 5, Rui in the swing of a sword! And Tanjirou went through so much trouble!" Tomioka didn't stop to talk to her. She kept following him. I'm not giving up on him! If something's wrong, I wanna help! Y/N thought with a pout. 

"I bet you went through more hellish training than Tanjirou. You two had the same trainer and all. Seriously! You're wonderful! When will you understand that!?" Y/N had been ranting for 10 minutes now and Tomioka would try to go faster but Y/N would always catch on. "If this is about the past, then don't think about it. Think about the future!" Tomioka stopped at the sound of that sentence and Y/N noticed. Eh? He stopped. Did I say something wrong? Y/N thought while sweating. Tomioka snapped around and Y/N stepped back a bit.

"I never passed the Final Selection." Tomioka started.

"The one at Mount. Fujisakane?" He nodded. "How did you not pass?"

He then had a very stern face. "There was a boy named Sabito. He too had his family killed by demons. He had orange hair and a scar on his face. We went to the same final selection." Y/N nodded. "We were both 13. We related much because we both lost our families to a demon. Sabito had a strong sense of justice and was a very kind boy. He was also the only one who died in the final selection. He pretty much single handedly killed ever demon on the mountain. Everyone besides Sabito got accepted in that selection." Y/N nodded with a slight frown.

"S-So he died?" Tomioka nodded.

Tomioka continued. "I was injured by a demon and was fading in and out. Then Sabito came to save me. He gave me to another boy and headed to another voice calling for help. I passed out later. When I woke up, the Final selection was over and I got selected. I really got selected when I didn't even kill a single demon. How pathetic is that? I'm not like the other pillars. I should never became a demon slayer."

Y/N stepped closer. "If that's pathetic, I'd say I'm even more pathetic." Tomioka tilted his head again. "Ever heard of the final selection 2 years ago where everyone died except for one?"

"Yeah. Everyone died except for a little...wait you were that girl?" Y/N nodded. "How?"

Y/N sighed. "I was friends with a girl name Yakomei. She hated my guts. I didn't even know why we were even called friends. Yakomei was stronger than me and learned quicker. Inodaki sensei, my teacher and trainer, expected a lot from her students. Especially me. One mistake and she would yell yell yell all day long." Y/N laughed. "Every time she would yell at me, Yakomei would laugh at me. Unlike Zenitsu's training time, after Inodaki sensei stopped yelling, she would pull me back up and pat me on the head. That's when Yakomei would glare at me like she wanted Inodaki sensei's attention. Probably that's why she hated me. She would say 'Ugh I don't know why the sensei treats her so nicely than me.' And 'You're just useless!' Etc. Now the final selection. Everyone at the mountain were boys except for well, me and Yakomei. Yes, Yakomei was wonderful. Killed multiple demons on that mountain. She held nothing back. I'm pretty sure her motivation came from anger of those demons killing her parents and family. We both lost our families to demons. I, on the other hand was confused. Confused why I was there. I had no motivation. I just wanted to survive. Well I have changed of course. On the I'm pretty sure 6th day, that's when it happened. As I was scurrying around, trying to find shelter with my staff, I was approached by this gigantic demon. It had hands bigger than your face and pink markings all over it's body. It's not the hand demon Tanjirou told me about. I started running and calling for help but no one really came. I fell back on a tree stump with a hurt leg and hand. Suddenly, multiple boys came running over. Note that there were only around 25 people at the final selection. 20 of them came rushing over when they saw the demon from a distance. They crowded around me with their swords out. Then more came. The demon swiped them all away and they died right in front of me. Then Yakomei came. She saw what was happening and rushed over quickly. She snuck up behind the demon and before she died along with the demon, Yakomei smiled at me for the first time. Like she actually meant it. Then she sliced the demon's head off and the demon before it could die, sliced her in half with a hand. After the 6th day and what I saw, I was mostly in rage. I questioned the demons. Why do they kill humans and only care about living. Then I questioned myself. I only killed a few demons and everyone here died for me. Do I deserve to be a demon slayer." Y/N finished. Tomioka then stepped forward. And hugged her.

I don't know what I was doing with this uuuuugh someone help me. So I got a hamster and this morning, it bit me. And it hates being out in the open especially when there's light. It also loves to burry itself in like the wood chip thingies. Did my hamster turn into a demon? Anyways, have a great day/night! Bye!