Chapter 6: Introductions

Walking into the big open room, you took a seat on a large rock beside Feitan as Chrollo began to speak.

Everyone introduced themselves to you and Chrollo began to explain the plan for the auction. The words "kill everyone," rolled off his tongue so effortlessly, you couldn't help but wince a little upon hearing it. Feitan noticed and looked at you. You began to quiver ever so slightly, no one was able to tell except for the man beside you. Feitan put his hand on your shoulder causing you to look at him. He gave you a reassuring nod and looked away.

It was a very silent exchange of actions, but you knew he was trying to calm you down. He's actually very sweet. More than he looks at least. Lost in your thoughts, you look up to see everyone looking at you waiting for you to say something.

"So, Y/N, what do you say?" Chrollo asked. Say about what? What was he talking about? You totally missed his question. "U-uh. Sure?" You answered with a confused look. Chrollo smiled, "Great, you'll be attending the auction then. I thought you would have liked to sit this one out, but it seems like you're quite eager."

You sat there dumbfounded. The auction? Was he asking if I wanted to attend? Suddenly realizing, yes, Chrollo asked if you wanted to witness this auction or to simply wait at the base. Since you were lost in your thoughts, you blindly agreed. Panic starts to take over again, you were going to actually witness all those people get killed. A sea of dead bodies laid out on the floor, and you were going to be responsible for their lost lives.

The meeting eventually ended and everyone was free to do whatever. The auction was coming up in three days. Three days for you to prepare yourself of the bloodbath that was about to come. It was almost sunset and you decided to climb up to the roof and watch in an attempt to clear your mind.

Sitting on the roof tiles, you take in the incredible view in front of you. You begin to think about your family. They probably think I'm still fighting at Heavens Arena, you laugh to yourself. Why does the troupe need me to bad? What do I have to offer? They all seem way stronger than me, I don't think I would be much help. Pondering over your current situation, you begin to drift off to sleep on the roof as the sun disappears over the crowded streets of York New.

——————

The cold morning breeze wakes you up from your slumber, still on the roof. You begin to sit up and stretch your arms until you realize there was something on top of you. A blanket? You don't recall falling asleep with a blanket on top of you, not to mention you had no idea who's blanket this was. I probably conjured it when I got cold in the middle of the night, you concluded. The wind started to kick in, sending a shiver down your spine.

Deciding to go back inside for some warmth, you take the blanket and walk through the halls of the large abandoned building. Chrollo mentioned something about your own room yesterday at the meeting but you completely forgot where it was.

Searching for a room that could be yours, you bump into Phinks. "Oh hey Y/N, good morning." He greets you. You smile, "Good morning Phinks, do you know-" before you can even finish, you see his eyes widen. "What are you doing with Fei's blanket?" he questions you. Fei? This is Feitan's blanket? How did I end up with his blanket? Confused, you respond, "I- um, I don't know actually. Do you know where his room is though?" Phinks directs you to his room and walks away with a suspicious grin.

You proceed to go down the halls once again, stopping at the room that Phinks claimed was Feitan's. Before knocking on the door, you felt a little anxious. Why am I so nervous to knock on a door?

Using all your willpower, you force yourself to knock on the wood. No response. "Feitan?" You  loudly whisper, trying to not wake up anyone who may have been in the rooms beside his. Feitan still isn't responding. Well, I tried to knock so I guess now I have to... You think to yourself as you twist the doorknob to open the door. The door gently opens and you take a step into his room.