Chapter 3

Varian frowned. He knew she wasn't fine.

"Cass, Varian!" Rapunzel called from the surface. "Raps don't come close the ground could sink in and you could be trapped too" Cass warned. She was right the ground was really unstable."Cass, Varian is there any other exit from down there?" she asked. "Yeah there is, we'll try and find an exit" Varian called.

"OK" Rapunzel called. "We'll scout the local area for other places" Raps shouted and her and Eugene left.

Varian took the lead through the small passage way. Cass right behind him.

After a small walk they reached a small clearing. A cave chamber. Rhythmic water drops fell onto the rocky ground.

It was a dark, they couldn't even tell what time of day it was. From the cave chamber there were 3 other passage ways. "I'll go explore those" Cass volunteered. "No wait Cassie, maybe its better if we stay together. It will be safer" Varian took her hand.

Varian was right. "Fine" she gave in. They both sat down.

It was really awkward. The water drops heard.

"Soo Cass, how have you been?" Varian started a conversation. Cass looked at him sadly. "I-I'm fine" she lied. She couldn't tell him the truth. They could be listening.

"Err.. I'm just gonna see if anyone's here" she said. She went to the nearest tunnel and called. "Is anyone there?!".

Her voice echoed. Suddenly some unstable rocks started to fall. "Cassie! " Varian rushed to her. Cass looked up as Varian pushed her out of the way.

The dust cleared. Cass was safe. She looked at the rock pile. "Varian? Varian!" she began digging through the rocks finding the boy.

He was still breathing, but was unconscious. Cassandra hugged him tightly. "Oh, Varian, if, if only I could tell you how I really feel. But" she sighed. "Maybe another time, when this is all over".

After a few hours, Varian began to wake up. He started to remember that he was still stuck with Cassie. "Oh your awake. Hey, thanks for saving me." Cass said. "It was really noble of you".

A/N
Ayy last day of school before mid-term tomorrow, more chapters the coming days

Hope you enjoyed
370 words