Chapter 5

Varian smiled. At least she said something.

"I think it's getting late, we'll continue tomorrow" Cass said getting into one corner of the chamber.

Cass still kept her distance. Was she scared? No, Cass isn't afraid. Right?
They both soon drifted off to sleep.

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

𝒞𝒶𝓈𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓇𝒶'𝓈 𝒫𝒪𝒱

"Cass" Rapunzel hugged me tightly. I was back in Corona. Varian was leaning silently on the door frame. I went up to him. I held his hand. "Varian, I'm sorry I had to avoid you, I didn't want you in danger. If something happened to you I-I wouldn't forgive myself" I told him. "I love you Var" I said.

"Predictable" Andrew blurted out drawing his sword. "I did tell you not to talk to him again, or else" he threatened. I took out my sword. "I don't care Andrew! If you want to go to Varian, you have to go through me" I yelled making an attack position.

The Saphorian laughed. "How noble of you" he smirked. "I'll always protect Varian. I love him" I gripped my sword tighter.

He laughed again. "How romantic, does he like you back though?".

"I think-". "Not" Varian finished my sentence. I turned around seeing Faith holding his hand. "Who said I liked you Cass?" he said. I dropped my sword on the ground. It's like I was stuck to the ground. Varian even kissed her forehead.

My world began to fall apart. "Cassie" Andrew started. "Don't you dare call me that!" I shouted. "Cass, come on. Its clear the boy doesn't like you. Give it a rest. And since you broke our deal" he drew out a knife. He walked over to Varian. He stood there silently. "No, no, no, no! " I tried taking the weapon off him but I couldn't even move.

I woke up breathing heavily. Thank goodness, just a nightmare. I looked at Varian. He looks so cute when he's sleeping..What if I told him the truth-No I'm not going to take any chances. Even if he likes someone else I still love him. No one can take that away.

No matter what.