Chapter 6

The next morning both of them woke up around at the same time.

"Cassie, I went and scouted the tunnels and we should take that one" Varian said pointing to a a passage way.

"OK I trust you" Cass shrugged her shoulders and they were off. The communication still lacked. They weren't even talking.

Both wanted to tell each other about the nightmare they had but they were too afraid to.

"So how did you sleep?" Varian asked. "Fine" Cass lied. She didn't want to tell him about it yet, even if she felt so bad, but she needed to protect him.

"Oh. Hey umm Cass can I tell you something?".

"Sure" she had nothing better to do anyway.

"I actually had a nightmare last night" he said sadly.

Cassandra'eyes widened. "Oh, care to tell what was it about?" she felt bad.

"I-I, it was really scary" he started explaining his nightmare to her.

Cass was silent the entire time.

She just didn't know what to say.

"Are you OK?" she asked. She didn't really think about what she was saying. She sounded like a terrible person from his description. Joining Andrew. She would never. She only loved Varian.

Cass POV

"I'm sure you think that sounds dumb" he said quietly.

"No, Varian" I sighed. "I, I actually had a nightmare too" I said. He looked at me with his ocean eyes. "Really?". I nodded.

I told him everything. About Andrew, his plans, my nightmare. Everything. We got to another chamber.

Varian listened quietly.

"I'm so sorry if you thought that I ignored you. I still like you Varian. I just-". "Cassie, it's OK, y-you wanted to protect me, I understand." he smiled. "Oh and Cassie". I looked at him. "I would never trade you away for anything. Or anyone" he then pulled me into a kiss.

I kissed back.

We then broke off. I blushed. "I'm glad we talked things over" he said. "Yeah in the weirdest place possible" I said. We were in another chamber. Stalactites and stalagmites were coming from the ground and ceiling. It was all dark and wet. "Oh well" he chuckled. "Cass! Varian!". That was Rapunzel's voice.

I glanced up seeing a small hole. "Were down here!" I yelled. Raps and Fitz Herbert came to the small opening. Eugene let down a rope and we climbed up to the surface.

We all did a group hug.