Chapter 2

As soon as Julie has finished performing, Alex steps forward to comfort her but is immediately held back by Reggie and Lily who are shaking their head at him. Luke points at the door and poofs outside the garage, the others following a few seconds after.

"Dude why'd you stop me? Julie needs a hug?" Alex asks looking sad.

"Bro, a ghost hug isn't the feel-good moment you think it is. Trust me" Luke explains

Lily nods in agreement "She clearly just needs some privacy now."

"You know, I think you poofed us out because you can't handle when other people cry. I should know." Alex looks away from Luke, starting to become emotional again. "I cried in a room for 25 years and I didn't get a single hug from either of you"

Reggie steps towards him, holding his arms up to hug him "Alright bring it in"

"Don't touch me!"

"This is why no one hugs you" The bass player points out from behind him.

Lily steps towards her brother and puts her arm around him before turning to Luke "My emotional brother has a point here, Luke. You see tears and then the next thing we see Is a Luke shaped hole in the wall."

Luke glares at her before speaking again "Ok. I think the first thing we should do, once we get the courage to go in there, is ask Julie why she lied about playing the piano?"

Lily raises an eyebrow "That's the first thing you should do when you go in there and she's crying? Really?"

"Yeah, maybe tell her how amazing she is." Alex adds.

"She's legit. I got ghost bumps" Reggie holds up his arms to show off the small bumps all over his arms.

Lily nods in agreement with them all "I've never seen someone slay so hard on the piano."

Luke grins at her "I have"

Before any of them have chance to go inside, a crying girl rushes past them into the garage. The sight of another crying girl makes the boys look even more uncomfortable."

Alex is frowning at the sight "Oh my gosh was she crying too?"

"The sobbing wasn't the first clue?" Lily asks her brother, sighing at how much of an idiot him and the other boys can be.

"The only thing scarier than one crying girl is two" Luke points out.

"What about 2 crying girls and one extremely angry one?" Lily glares at him, causing him to shudder and look away.

"We definitely can't go in there. Or stay out here apparently" He mutters the last part but Lily hears and punches his shoulder.

"But.. we can listen." Reggie points out, causing the three boys to hide behind the garage door to listen to the conversation happening inside.

Alex looks back at his sister who hasn't followed them "You coming?"

She shakes her head "I have these things called boundaries. That means I don't stand around listening to private conversations between two crying girls."

He shrugs in response and turns back to listen. Lily sighs but goes to stand next to Alex. She doesn't listen though because she knows how annoying it can be.

The boys haven't changed at all from when they were alive. They've never had boundaries. She would always come home from school and find signs that the boys had been in her room. Lily always like control so she always left her room spotless. She'd never find it that when she'd come home for a weekend. The blanket would be creased, the pillows wonky, drawers open. She'd regularly find herself wanting to murder them.