Chapter 4

Lily bites her lip nervously as she watches Julie try to think of an excuse for the boys' disappearance.

A guy runs on from backstage "Hey, where'd the band go?"

"Wait, were those holograms?" A girl shouts from in the crowd.

Julie looks out into the crowd and smiles "Yes! Yes, they were holograms. I uhh I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff."

The crowd starts to cheer again, and Lily smiles slightly because she knows Julie's gotten away with it. Her eyes wonder to the side of the stage and she immediately poofs there. "Nice performance." She compliments the ghost band.

They grin at her "It's wild. They could see us when we were playing but not when the music stopped"

"We should double check" Reggie jumps onto the stage and shakes his butt at the audience, stopping when no one notices "Yeah, I don't... "he climbs back down "I don't think they can see us"

Lily holds the bridge of her nose "Lucky them" she mutters.

"I wish I couldn't see you" Alex points out at the same time.

One of the teachers claps her hands to get everyone's attention "OK, people, shows over. Let's get back to class please."

Luke, Alex and Lily start to leave the auditorium, the eldest Martin sibling putting an arm around his little sister. Reggie stays behind to try to talk to two of the colourful sparkly girls who'd performed earlier.

Lily sighs and pulls away from her brother, stepping towards Reggie. "Come on bud, they can't see or hear you"

He frowns slightly "No harm in trying though"

She grabs his hand "Of course not" They then follow their fellow ghosts out into the corridor where they decide to wait for Julie.

"That was the coolest thing ever" Luke announces, patting his band mates on the shoulder.

Lily smiles slightly at them all "You guys were amazing"

Alex pulls his sister into a hug, seeing behind the fake smile. "You should've joined us up there"

"Nah it's cool. I would've just been in the way"

Luke shakes his head at her "I could see it, Lil, you wanted to perform with us, but you were too scared."

She glares at him "Scared? I was NOT scared. Not everyone is obsessed with music and performing like you, Luke"

He shrugs "Maybe not everyone but I know for a fact you are."

Alex looks at the lead singer "Luke, cool it. Stop trying to pressure her all the time"

Reggie nods, agreeing with the blonde drummer "Yeah Luke, remember we agreed that you weren't allowed to mention music to Lily more than once a day. Since being ghosts, it's been way more than that."

Luke sighs, ignoring his band mates. "Come on Bug, I saw it in your eyes when we sang together last night. You loved it. Then when we just performed, you looked sad. That moment on that stage was amazing and the only thing that would've made it better would have been you up there performing with us. Then it probably would've been perfect."

Lily avoids eye contact with him because she knows, she won't be able to hold back the tears if she looks into his eyes. "Tell Julie that she was amazing, and I'll see her later." Alex reaches out to grab his sister but it's too late because she poofs away, leaving 2 angry boys and one extremely guilty one.