The Initiation

I'd like to thank W1lB0y for giving me advice on my story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a second to take in the scene. The floor was a smooth and shiny pearl white tile that clearly reflected my face. The walls and ceiling were white as well. Two plate glass windows on the wall to my left let in the sunlight. The lights in the ceiling painted a cold white glow which, along with the already chilly atmosphere, gave me goosebumps. To my right, on both sides of the metal door were smaller plate glass windows. The desks were a cold gray metal, along with the chairs. Om the desk was an angled glass panel with lit buttons, some of which I assumed were letters, and a glass screen that was see through at the moment. The teacher had a smart board like screen behind her desk. There were four rows going from the door on my right to the wall, and five rows going from the front to the back.

Then I remembered the stares. The students were a diverse group of hair and eye colors, most of which weren't natural on earth. A voice broke the barrier of awkward silence. "Hello and welcome to our class Mr. Byrd, I am your instructor Ms. Drake."

"Hi." I said quietly.

"Don't be nervous, we are all friends and teammates here. We all respect each other and display kindness." Ms. Drake said. 'Well she seems nice.' I thought.

"For now you won't have to participate since you don't know the curriculum, but once you're caught up I expect you to work hard. But your welcome to pay attention anyway if you like." Ms. Drake said with a smile.

I nodded and pretended to listen to the next level stuff that she was teaching. It went in one ear and out the other. All I could really focus on were the stares piercing through my body and soul. When I looked in the direction from where I sensed the gaze, they darted their eyes back to the board or their screen as if they were paying attention to the lesson.

I felt like a defenseless young deer in the woods darting my eyes in every direction keeping a lookout while a pack of starving wolves lurked in the shadows.

I could see Zeal in the back left corner with her feet resting on the desk as if she owned the place. She had calming emerald green eyes and a relaxed smile. Her wild straw yellow locks flowed almost touching the ground.

Sheol in the far right, second row from the front was attentively taking notes. She had emotionless smoky gray eyes that perfectly matched her empty facial expression. Her tan gave the impression of someone who spent a lot of time in the warm sun, but all I could sense was cold. She had silvery white, short cropped hair.

Amber was casually playing around with a fixed 7 inch blade while she rested her chin in her left hand. I seemed to be the only person that found that strange. She had short, pitch black hair with straight cut bangs. Her eyes were an amber color coincidentally and they had an almost feline appearance. She had a wistful expression on her face.

Lastly, Seraph just sat in her seat looking forward with a serious expression. Her crimson hair reminded me of blood and fire by the color and orientation of her locks. It almost seemed alive, like it was seeking something to catch onto and burn to the ground. Her deep blue eyes showed a more kind and gentle expression with a mixture of deep emotions.

The rest of the day was pretty much the same up until lunch. I just waited in line to get the mysterious food that I might be allergic too. I sat at a table by myself and picked at my food, still contemplating my options. 'Either I starve to death or I get food poisoning.' I thought. It looked like a brown mush, some kind of meat, a green vegetable of some sort, and water.