Guy's Night Out

I sat on my top bunk as they named foreign places and activities.  The language barrier was slowly crumbling, but we still had a way to go.

"How about we go to the Mather.  Sound fun?" Amber asked.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's a place where you buy clothes and stuff.  There's a bunch more stuff to make a whole day out of it like rides, games, food, etcetera." She replied

"Like mall or an amusement park?" I said.

"What's that?" Zeal asked

"The thing Amber was just talking about." I replied.

"Never heard of it." Zeal replied.

"I don't know what a 'mall' or 'amusement park' is, but it can't possibly be like the Mather." Seraph interjected.

"They're the same thing!" I replied angrily.

"No they're not!" She roared back.

"You're as stubborn as a mule." I said.

"Stop making up words." she demanded.

"It's best not to argue with your commanding officer.  She might burn the place down." Amber said.  Seraph only glared at her.   I plopped back down on my bed in defeat and let them continue.  About half an hour later, I was called to Director Doruma's office.  I made it there and greeted her with a salute.

"Morning David.  Did you sleep well?" She asked

"Yes ma'am." I replied.

"That's good.  Now that I have you here, I'd like to address some concerns I have."

"What would that be?" I asked.

"You've been spending a lot of time with your teammates." She replied.

"Well I do live with them." I said.

"Yes.  But ever since you've been here, out of the 1300 hours you've been here, you've only spent about three of them by yourself or with different people.  I believe you should spend a little more time  independently or with different person.  I also believe that for proper development you should spend more time with male friends." She said.

"Well from what I've seen, other than the physical differences, they act like guys." I said.

The Director chuckled at the comment, "Well I still believe that an actual male will do much better.  I already have the perfect candidate." She glanced over to the left and there was Sonic Iaculat, or Arthur Landry.  I was surprised by his presence.  He seemed  very neutral to the situation.

"So what now?" I asked.

"I actually have a job for you two today.  It was a last minute request, but the timing is perfect nonetheless.  The Queen's daughter wants to go out for the day and later into the night, so she wanted me to send two capable soldiers to keep an eye on her and her friends at the Mather."

"Sounds easy enough," I smiled confidently, "But why us?"

"Well the Queen's daughter doesn't like being overcrowded by body guards.  She prefers to feel independent and just be a normal girl.  We can't use Seraph and the others because they've known each other for years.  She would spot them immediately.  She isn't supposed to know she is being guarded, so you two are perfect for the job.  She won't be able to recognize you as easily.  It'd be hard to notice you at all as long as you keep your distance.  And you've experienced how a simple day out can turn deadly." she said.