Chapter 74 : Bewitched by harem scheming - II

" This daughter-in-law greets her mother-in-law ." Edna knelt as she gave a perfect courtesy towards Susan .

Looking back at Edna , Susan flashed a bright smile suddenly , which turned Edna more uneasy.

" Please stand up Edna. Don't give me any formalities. You are my savior. Without you , I might have been injured badly that day ." Suddenly Susan got emotional.

Meanwhile, Edna kept her mouth sealed . This old fellow is too pretentious sometimes. What she was playing inside her mind , no one understood. She had to be careful from now on.

At that time , Edna just silently listened to her. This friendly side of empress dowager, she never thought that it really existed. And she would be able to interact with this kind of existence so closely one day!

" I hear that you like to drink tea ?" Susan brought Edna to the tea room. The tea room was filled with an earthly fragrance of tea , once they stepped inside the room. Susan took a cube and started boiling it personally .

Edna was perplexed. When did the rumours about she liked tea spread? However, she didn't blurt it out when she saw Susan's enthusiasm and careful actions.

" Oh ! Do you want some tea ?" Without minding Edna, Susan personally poured a cup of tea . Edna was shocked but looking at the expecting eyes of Susan, Edna hold back her words.

Fresh boiled tea leaves twirl under the fragrance of water, and Edna took a deep breath.

" Have a taste. How does it? Is it your likings ?" Edna didn't regain her wits until a cup of tea was sitting in front of her. Edna smiled as she lifted the tea up to her nose and took a whiff, " It's really fragrant. "

Accepting the cup of tea with trembling hand , Edna gave a hard glance towards the cup of tea. Is it poisonous ? Edna secretly wondered. Neither she could reject Empress dowager Susan nor she spilt it with some sudden accident. Taking a deep breath , Edna took a small sip.

At least , it tastes good. If this old fox do something to her , this old fox will lowered herself in Lee's eyes .

This tea had a rich fragrance of tangerine . Sweet and sour taste of the tea lingered within her mouth and mellowed out slowly.

" How does it taste ?" Susan expectedly asked .

" It's good ." Edna shortly answered . Hearing her reply , Susan sighed in relief.

" I was right. You will definitely like this kind of tea. It's one of the rarest fruit mixed tea leaves. If you want it , I could have give some boxes to you." Susan proposed .

" This seat thanked her mother-in-law for her kindness. " Edna politely gave her a smile .

" Have some more if you like it. It's good for your body." Susan poured another cup for Edna. Edna could only politely reject it.

Again silence consumed the whole room. It was more awkward than anything . Edna's cup of tea long finished, but Edna pretend her drinking it more than usual for her safety.

" It's time for dinner already. Luna , served dinner now. " Suddenly Susan Susan broke the silence.

Immediately servants of Lily palace carried out lot's of food. Hot dishes served immediately on the table and they made an aromatic smell. By looking at those dishes, Edna's face turned blank.

One by one , lot's of steaming dishs brought infront of them. Appetising smell arose from those dishes. Almost a large table was covered with those dishes. Looking at the amount of dishes ,Edna sighed in distress. Such a waste of food for only two person !