Chapter 99 : The ceremony

"No , believe me ."

With a loud shout , I stood up as panted roughly. Immediately I squeezed my eyes hard and huff in shock.

This is terrible.

"Your highness, are you alright ?"

Immediately Lily's voice full of concern came near her side. Slowly opening her eyes, Edna noticed that she was still inside her room . Patting her chest , she tried to open her mouth to assure Lily that she's alright, but it hurts.

Hiss...

Touching her chin softly, it slightly hurt a little as she tried to press it.

"That , my chin ... Lee !"

I was confused about my situation. How can I sat here while Lee was judging for my trial . And now I can move my body ... but I was not able to at first .... I don't understand.

"Milady, are you having nightmares again ?"

"Nightmares ?"

Touching my aching chin, I wondered.

"Yes, the way you woke up and shouted, it clearly says that you are having bad nightmares again. Please drink some honey water to relieve your stress. It says that sweetness might bring you good dreams."

Glancing at the cup of honey water, Edna was horrified. Furthermore, she was sitting beside the open window. Immediately Edna pushed away the cup , she felt really scared.

Soon, the floating sounds of mountain bell enters her ear, she became alert even more.

"Go, tell the maids to close the main door of this courtyard for the night. No one is allowed to visit me. I will take my rest for now."

"Yes, milady." Edna only sighed as Lily directed others.

"Milady, is something disturbing you ?"

Looking at the pale expression of empress, Lily choose to stay.

But empress only looked outside the sky silently. It made her more worried. Again she tried to call but empress never spoke.

"Milady, is something disturbing you? You are making this subject a lot more worried. Please tell me."

Tears almost rolled down from her eyes. Suddenly Edna closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then she opened her eyes only to looked at the sky again.

"Yes. I don't know how could I express it but it seems like I had a very strange dream. Although it's just a dream , it's better to be cautious. From now on, be extra careful for whatever you did. Check everything thrice. Do not return gifts to empress dowager , without checking them by poison master. And check everything, comes to golden palace as rewards. Be more cautious from now on, especially from poison related matters. One ignorance might lead us to huge disaster."

"Yes, your majesty." Lily could only nod.

"And from now on, stop giving me this honey water. I will never drink this."

This statement made Lily even more confused. But looking at the stern face of empress, she nodded and leaved the room.

____

Silence fall all over the room as the moonlight shinning through the window and cold wind messing up her hair.

Taking a deep breath, Edna tried to calm herself but it seems like her heart is still beating hard. Even through, it was just a dream, she felt peculiar. This dream doesn't feel like a dream anymore, but more like a warning ! Which confusing her even more.