Chapter 3

Year: 55 ABY

"Faree Nunami... the blonde pretty girl who works for the New Order?"

"What?" Hansa was confused.

The guy laughed, bringing his gloved dirty hand to his chin.

"Yeah, everybody's pretty sure she's on their side. She kinda spills everything on them though. One time I talked to her, told her I was going to Booerin; and she got really scared and immediately told me not to go. When I asked why, she suddenly smiled and said 'well, there's snow now, it's so cold!'. But Booerin is a fucking snow planet, so I just figured, maybe she likes me, and maybe she knows something I don't."

"Hm..."

"Why do you ask? You like her too?" the guy asked Zax.

"Oh... no, no."

"Yeah, I get you. She's real cute, but her voice is that annoying high pitch; also, she's not the best in the brain department. Smiles all the time while talking about stupid shit. You have to repeat yourself like ten times before she gets what you're saying. Oh, and she's really messed up in the head."

"What? Why do you say that?"

"Well, we're sure she works for the New Order because she talks about destruction and people dying like it's fucking nothing. I mean, she's all sweet and nice, but... once I talked about how one of my friends from Doha died after a New Order attack, and she answered something like: 'I'm really sorry for that... but, see it this way: those brown buildings were awful! It's not that bad that they got taken down, yeah?' And I mean, I didn't really get mad at her because she did look sympathetic. It was like the most genuine, compassionate response she could come up with."

"It's her." Hansa confirmed to Zax.

"Oh, so she is with the New Order?"

"We don't know, we just got word of her. Standing by what you said, probably."

"Wait... yeah, you two work for the Resistance, right? I mean, I guess she's good to take. She'll tell you everything without even knowing. I mean, she's a dumb bitch, but I'm kinda sorry I'll never see her again."

"Don't be" Zax patted him on the shoulder "You really don't want to see her again."

They went in the bar, leaving the guy confused. Amidst the noise, the music, and the constantly moving people, there she was, strikingly similar to her mother, patiently talking to a pair of angry Weequay. Then, she absent-mindedly raised her eyes, and saw Hansa walking.
She seemed immediately drawn to the lightsaber: and then, instead of fleeing, she rushed to them, accidentally pushing down a screaming Sullustan, to whom she apologised.

Hansa and Zax looked at each other in confusion.

"You are... Jedi?!" she articulated, with immense joy in her eyes and holding her hands together "Really?!"

"Yes. You are Faree Nunami, right?"

"Yes... wait, you came for me?"

The girl looked like she was about to cry... but out of happiness.

"I can't believe it... the day has come. I knew it! Yes! Yes! I want to join you! Can I hold your lightsaber there?"

A whole table of smugglers laughed beside her.

"It's not funny!" she protested "Can I hold it, though? Just for a second?"

She moved her hand forward, as Zax furrowed his brows.

"Wait... no, that's not..."

"No? What is it then? I mean... you weren't looking for me?"

"Listen. We know who you are."