Sunshine

TONI POV:

I walk into the bedroom. "You wanna talk?" Cheryl ask quietly. I shake my head. "Th-there's not m-m-much to talk ab-b-bout." I say quietly. "Sw-sweet Pea left f-for college! E-everyone i-is leav-v-v-ving for college, th-there's-there's nothing I c-c-can do ab-b-bout it." I say slightly pissed. She gets up off the bed and walks over to me. She cups my cheek. "I'm not going anywhere! Sweet Pea will be back for Thanksgiving! Even though he's an idiot and might end up getting himself killed." I smile a little. "Veronica is staying because she has to run Pops! She'll be here when you get sick of me. Betty will be back from Yale for thanksgiving too, I know you can't really stand her, but still! No one really knows when Archie is gonna be back because he's joining the army for some reason." She explains. "We'll go up to Maine and surprise Sweet Pea before Thanksgiving just to piss him off." I laugh quietly. "Ok?" I nod. She pulls me into a kiss. "Come on, you have Speech first thing in the morning tomorrow, you should get some sleep. It's hard enough getting you up when you get enough sleep." I look at the bathroom. "Do you want to shower first?" She ask quietly. I nod. "I was p-p-planing on it." I say quietly. She nods. "Call for me if you need something." I nod and go take a shower.

I walk into Pops. "You're late!" Veronica says not looking up from her paperwork. "S-s-sorry. M-my therapy r-r-ran longer th-than usual." I say walking over to her. "Just text me next time." I nod before going in back and clocking in.

Veronica pulls up to the house. "Th-thanks for the r-r-ride." I say quietly. She looks at me. "Can I ask you something?" I nod. "How did you know you loved Cheryl?" She ask quietly. I take a deep breath. "Sh-she d-does-does-doesn't j-judge m-m-m-me-e for m-my fl-flaws. S-sometimes she b-b-babies m-m-me w-when I d-don't need it a-a-and doesn't w-w-w-when I do-o." I explain. "Why?" I ask quietly. She sighs. "Y-y-you and B-B-Betty?" I ask looking at her. She nods. "She's going away soon, and I'm staying here. I- I don't know what if what we have is gonna be the same." She says quietly. "Y-y-you guys don't h-h-have m-m-much." I say. She looks at me. "Y-y-you l-l-love h-h-her m-more than she l-loves y-you." I say honestly. "I'm- I'm sorry." I say quietly. "No, you're right. You're just an asshole about it." She whispers. "I'm sorry." She nods. "I'm g-g-g-gonna g-go i-inside. D-d-don't p-p-push th-the whole Betty thing." She nods. "I know, it'll make everything worse." She whispers. "I'm g-g-going now, I'm tired."

I walk into the kitchen. "What a-are y-y-y-you making?" I ask quietly. "Dinner." Cheryl says. "I'm making, shrimp." I nod. "M-." She interrupts me. "I took the shells off." I nod and sit down at the table. "How was your nap?" She ask quietly. "Fine." I say quietly. "You ok?" She ask looking at me. "A-a-a-after d-d-dinner, c-c-c-can y-y-y-you d-drive me some-somewhere?" She nods. "Yeah, where?" She ask smiling. "Th-the o-o-only c-cemetery i-in R-Riverdale." She takes a deep breath. "You wanna see your dad?" I nod. "Yeah! We can go after dinner." She says quietly. She finishes making dinner and we eat. "Do you want pasta to put the shrimp over?" She ask quietly. "No." I say quietly. "Side?" I nod. She smiles and gets me a bowl. "Do you want butter?" She ask looking going over to the fridge. "Yeah!" I answer. "Anything else?" She ask me. "W-w-water w-with ice a-and a st-straw." A minute later she walks back over to the table. "You sure you're ok?" She ask quietly. I nod. "Veronica c-c-called me a-an a-a-a-asshole." I say quietly. "Did you deserve it?" I think for a minute. "K-kinda." She shrugs. "Than don't be an asshole next time." She whispers.

I walk over to my fathers grave. "Hey, I'm gonna go change out the flowers at Jason's grave, I'll be back in a minute." Cheryl says quietly. I nod. She walks away which means she let go of my hand and now it's cold. I look down at my dad's grave. I don't do much, I just sit down and look at it. I take a deep breath and just process this. He should have never died, he shouldn't have left me here with mom. If it was up to him he wouldn't. I'm not mad at him, I just miss him! Before Cheryl he was the only person I knew loved me. I now have people who care about me and for some reason drop everything for me, but, it's not the same. Not like dad and Cheryl. Yeah, I have Sweet Pea, but he's a dumb ass with ADHD and can't sit down and help me for more than 10 minutes which isn't good because I'm the same way and we're really good at distracting each other, it's kinda sad. "You ready?" Cheryl ask bringing me out of my thoughts. I shake my head. She nods and puts down some flowers. "You know, Jewish people put rocks on top of the tombstone because rocks don't die like flowers do." She says quietly. I look at her. "Please ex-explain h-h-how th-that's s-supposed t-t-to m-m-make m-me f-f-feel b-b-better?" I ask quietly. "It's not, I just thought you might like a little bit of random facts, I haven't told you one in a while." She says quietly. I nod. "G-good t-t-to know."