7. On My Feet And Staggering

(A/N: Here's a quick update from my phone! Tomorrow I'll go through and bold and italics everything that needs to be in bold and italics. I really dig this chapter, I hope you do too!)

~~~

Alex

"I missed you," I half-heartedly told Lisa as we hugged.  

"Me too," she replied.  

This date was far too awkward compared to our other dates. I couldn't decide whether it was her fault, or mine.  

"Lex?" She said.  

"Yeah?" I replied, zoning back in.  

"Can I come to Warped with you?"  

Now was the time. I was supposed to tell her not to come, because the boys didn't want her there. I was supposed to break up with her for the millionth time, because if I didn't, she'd cheat again.  

"I don't-" I started. "I don't think the boys want anyone to come with us."  

She looked at me as though she was expecting me to finish my sentence.  

"So that's it?" She asked, her eyes filled with hurt.  

"Lisa..."  

"No, I understand," she sniffled and faced away from me.  

"You can come with us," I decided, regretting it the second I said it.  

What about Eve-  

No, not Eve. What about the boys? They had asked me one thing, and I hadn't obliged.  

"Really?" Lisa raised her voice in excitement.  

"Really really," I replied, perceivably uncertain. But she chose to ignore that.  

"It's going to be perfect!" She squealed.  

Oh, yeah, I thought. Absolutely perfect.

~~~

"Hello! You've reached Rian Dawson's voicemail. Leave a message after the- BEEP!" 

"Hey Ri," I spoke into the phone. "Where the fuck are you? Call me back."  

I tried Zack few more times, and I got nothing.  

"Come on Jack, please pick up," I said anxiously to myself. 

"Hey hey!"  

"Jack."  

"Thaaat's me!" he replied.  

"Where in the hell are you?" I exclaimed.  

"Good thanks, how are you?" he replied.  

The bastard had fooled me with that voicemail.  

"Leave a message!" his voice said after a while.  

"Jack, you are a shitdick. I hope you know that. Anyway, I need urgent advice so a call back would be nice. Thanks babe."  

I decided all hope was lost, so I had to call Eve.  

"Hellooooo?" I heard a slur after two and a half beeps. 

"Eve?" 

"Oui," she replied, laughing. "To what do I owe you this pleasure, Mr Frontman?"  

"Are you drunk?"  

"Nooooo," she giggled.  

"Sure, sure. Can you pass the phone to Rian?"  

"What's the magic word?" Eve said.  

"Pretty please?" I said, and she went quiet.  

I couldn't help but think that I'd seen her drunk too many times today.  

"Lex," Rian said enthusiastically.  

"Where are you?" I got straight to the point. He was, too, completely intoxicated.  

"Clubbin' with Delusional Infamy," he replied.  

"I need your advice, man," I said. "Lisa's coming to Warped with us." 

"WHAT THE FUCK ALEX! She can't come with us!" he screamed seriously. "You better tell her she can't come, or else."  

Suddenly the line went silent, and I realized it was either Lisa or the band.  

"Hey Lees?" I screamed out towards her bedroom door. "Can you come here for a second?"

~~~

Eve

"What is it?" I screamed in Rian's ear so he could hear me over the music.  

"Alex said Lisa's coming to Warped!" He screamed back.  

"What a whore-man," I said, shaking my head.  

"It's a man-whore, silly," Rian replied. We both laughed.  

We were having such a great time at the local club, that we momentarily forgot about the tour we had coming up in two days' time. But we couldn't complain - all of us were intoxicated with the exception of Jason, who was apparently preserving himself.  

When we left the club, the eight of us arrived at my parents' house and played a few very intense rounds of strip UNO. Cassadee, Zack and David were the three losers, with everyone else down to their underwear in all three rounds. By then, Jason - being the lightweight human being that he is - was also drunk and Martin had told us to 'shut the hell up and go to sleep' at least nineteen times.  

At around five in the morning, All Time Low parted ways with Delusional Infamy, and the four of us went to sleep in the attic, David and I sharing a single-sized mattress, Dee sleeping in the other and Jason passed out on the floor next to us.  

"Night Dee," I said, starting our usual ritual.  

"Night Eve. Night Dave," she said.  

"Night Dee. Night Jay," David said. As though on cue, Jason let out a huge snore and we all broke into a fit of laughter.

(A/N: So day one is over! From now on, the story will flow a lot more quickly. What did you think of this chapter? How are you liking the story so far? Let me know!)