10. You And I, We're Alive

(A/N: I don't own any of the lyrics used in this chapter.)

~~~

Eve  

"Hi, I'm Eve," I managed to blurt out. Gosh, he was even more attractive in person. And, for me, attractive was a synonym of intimidating. 

"So yeah," Scott said in conclusion, "I'll leave you guys to it then. I'll see you after your show, Eve, you have a meet and greet to attend to." 

"Bye," I said, thankful - both that he was leaving and that he'd just introduced me to Josh Franceschi.  

"Okay," Josh said, making sure Scott was gone. "Can I get you a coffee? Or a beer?" 

"Coffee sounds good," I said, containing myself. I had a show to play. 

And off we went. Josh and I sat inside his tour bus while the rest of his band got ready for their show. 

"So, Eve, tell me more about you," he said with a crooked smile.

"Well, I went to college but I dropped out after six months, I'm Rian Dawson's friend, I'm turning twenty-one in November, my favorite color's gray and I'm terrified of clowns."

"Clowns? Really?" Josh asked, dubiously. 

"Yes, really. Now tell me something about you." 

"I was born on the seventh of August, I'm half-French, my favorite color is red, my favorite fruit is peach, I used to live in Cyprus…" 

"Josh," I interrupted. "I'm a Sixer, I already know all that." 

He laughed. "Fine. I'll tell you something different."

And he proceeded to tell me about his drunken stories, embarrassing moments on the tour bus, and other things I had no idea about. 

"Just to clarify," he said, "I'd rather you not post all this on Tumblr or anything. I'm trusting you here." I laughed. 

"Well my real name's Genevieve," I said, in return. "It's horrible and I hate it and the only people who know are the rest of my band, Scott, Alex and now, you." 

"Alex?" Josh said, confused. "Gaskarth?"

"Yep," I sighed. I hadn't had time to think about Alex lately. I was fairly sure I still hated him, but the happenings of the previous night had me all confused. He had sung me to sleep after what had possibly been the worst phone call of my life, and now all of his defects seemed pointless and minimal. He didn't even know what was wrong, and still managed to comfort me. 

"I've seen him wearing that hat before," Josh smirked at me. 

"I stole it from his suitcase," I smirked back, half-heartedly. And that concluded the topic of Alex.

After speaking to Josh for a while, I realised just how easy it was to talk to him, and just how similar we were. I felt like I was talking to Rian, or Dee. 

"Josh!" Max Helyer said as he swaggered onto the tour bus. He, too, was even more good-looking in person. 

"Max!" Josh mimicked. 

"We have a gig to play in precisely‚" he looked at his watch, "Sixteen minutes and twenty-two seconds. So you'd better hurry up."

"Shit," Josh mumbled. He turned to me. "I'll see you at the party tonight."

"Sure," I smiled at him. "It was nice to meet you." 

"You too, Jenny. It is alright if I call you Jenny, by the way?" he yelled.