9 - Date Night

"I love you." I said once the others all left, leaving us outside the stage door in an alley.

"I love you too Katie." He said resting a hand on my cheek and pulling me into a kiss. I rested one hand on his arm and put my other around his shoulder. His second arm went around my waist and held me close as the kiss became more passionate. I opened my mouth to his and the simple kiss quickly became a passionate make out session. Once I couldn't breathe anymore I pulled back panting. Corey was also panting. I smiled and rested my forehead against his. "We should get going. We have a restaurant reservation." He gave me another quick kiss and put his arms around me.

"Hey. Before we go. I just want to say thank you. I wasn't really looking forward to today because I wasn't expecting you to be here. But seeing you there, on that stage, made me so happy. I honestly couldn't believe it, even when I kissed you, it felt like I was in a dream. I've had the best afternoon ever and I know I'm so lucky to have a sister like Kara, and a best friend like Ben. But I'm even more lucky to have a boyfriend like you. You're the absolute greatest and I know we haven't really known each other that long. But I wouldn't change you for anything. You are so perfect for me Corey Cott. And I love you beyond what words can describe."

"I love you too Katie Lindsay. I never imagined having a girlfriend like you and I'm the luckiest man alive. I thought my dreams were coming true because I was going to be in a Broadway show. But not only that has happened, this Broadway show has led me to the woman of my dreams, you. You are so amazing and I wouldn't change anything about you. You're the best thing in my life, Katie. And I can't wait to watch our relationship blossom and grow from here." I smiled widely and kissed him quickly before we finally left for the restaurant. It was the same place we had our first date which had quickly become one of my favourite places to eat. We sat and ordered our food and Corey then took both my hands from across the table and rubbed his fingers across my knuckles. Just that action alone caused me to blush. "You are so unbelievably cute when you blush Katie." He said causing me to go even more red, which caused him to chuckle.

"And you're just incredibly handsome all the time."

"Thanks." He joked. "I don't think I said this earlier. But you look beautiful today, like you do every day, but I really like what you're wearing today."

"Thanks Corey, if I knew about the party and seeing you or that we were going on a date I'd have worn something a little more date appropriate. Kara just told me we are going to the theatre for a costume fitting and photo shoot and then a meal with Ben, Me, her and Kevin. So I wore more casual clothes."

"I love it just as much as I love the more date night appropriate clothes. I mean, you look beautiful in anything."

"Thanks. So how's college going?" I asked.

"Not too bad. I'm trying to get ahead of everything at the moment because I know I won't have weekends available from the end of the month. What about you?"

"It's going really well. I got a 92 for my report from the newsies rehearsal which I'm super happy with. It's the highest mark I've ever gotten on a piece of writing."

"Wow. That's amazing Katie. I've never gotten more than a 75 on written work."

"Most of my other written works are around the 75 mark but obviously this one was the most interesting and also easiest to write about. Hey, um how badly do you have to be at the theatre on Saturday evenings?"

"Not super badly why?"

"I have my final practical assessment and showcase before our major end of course show becomes our sole piece of work. And my assessment is on a Saturday night, April 7th. I know you're free on the Sunday, the 8th, of my showcase, but I really want you to come to my assessment."