Chapter 11

At the Branwen Tribe camp, Vernal poured cups of tea for Raven, Yang, Pyrrha and Weiss. All of them were inside Raven's tent and everyone but Vernal was seated around a table. There was a very tense silence in the air.

Pyrrha could feel Yang's and Weiss's gazes on her as they glanced at her occasionally. She knew that they were worried about her due to the sudden panic attack she had. Admittedly it was taking every single bit of Pyrrha's willpower to not tremble, especially with Vernal in the tent.

Raven sighed and looked at Vernal after she finished pouring the tea. "You can wait outside. Thank you."

Vernal set the teapot down before doing so quietly. They all watched her leave and Pyrrha let out a small sigh of relief and she let herself relax slightly. There was an awkward silence for a moment. Not knowing what to do Pyrrha picked up the cup in front of her and took a sip of her tea. It tasted surprisingly good and it helped calm her nerves a bit.

Yang crosses her arms. "So, what's the "truth"?" he said with an edge in her voice.

Raven took a sip from her cup. Once she finished she set the cup down. "You know you might want to follow the redhead's lead. It's better when it's hot."

"You know, you're really obnoxious," Weiss retorted with a glare.

Raven glared at Weiss for a moment before she spoke. "The truth is that "truth" is hard to come by. A story of victory for one person is a story of defeat for someone else. By now, your uncle has surely told Ruby and her friends plenty of stories." She glanced at Pyrrha for a moment as she said the last sentence causing her to shift uncomfortably.

"Well, he's never given me a reason to doubt him before," Yang said still glaring suspiciously at Raven.

"That doesn't mean those reasons don't exist," Raven said as Yang glared at her. "You know, you and your teammates might as well be the poster children for the Huntsman academies. Your motives vary, but you all enrolled to try and make the world a better place. It's adorable," Raven said mockingly.

Pyrrha's grip tightened on the cup she was holding in response. She wasn't as open as Yang and Weiss were about her feelings towards Raven, but that didn't mean that what she said didn't make her upset either.

"It's what Huntsmen and Huntresses do," Yang said.

"Not all of them. Some people are just in it for the money and the fame, but there's even more that are just looking to grow stronger. Your Uncle Qrow and I didn't attend Beacon to become Huntsmen, we did it to learn how to kill Huntsmen," Raven said.

The girls all gasped at this, and exchanged a brief look with each other. A great way to raise the tension.

"Daddy and Uncle left that part out, hm?" Raven mocked before beginning to pour more tea for herself. "Aside from the Grimm, Huntsmen were the only ones capable of ruining our raids and hunting us down. Our tribe needed a counterforce." Raven set the teapot down and took another sip of her tea. "And Qrow and I were the perfect age. The entrance exams were child's play compared to what we'd already been through." She stood up to continue talking. "We were good. So good, that we caught the attention of Beacon's very own headmaster, Professor Ozpin." Raven turned around and walked towards the back of the tent. "Even after we were put on a team, I could tell he was keeping his eye on us. Back then, I thought it was because he knew, but it was Team STRQ he was interested in."

"What do you mean by that?" Yang asked.

"Constant attention, extra training missions, turning a blind eye whenever we happened to break the rules and get into more trouble than we should've." Raven stopped talking for a second and turned around. "Sound familiar?"