【 08 】

hana_bb we'll always be twice the gem that you are

- ☼ -

disclaimer: reference to crowds

- ☼ -

hana sato

it had been a couple of days since the whole incident. i've been hanging around what is known as the bakusquad and with bakugou himself before and after school. right now it was the end of class and we were all packing up to go home. i was especially excited because bakugou had agreed to train with me. however, there was a crowd blocking the door to our classroom.

"they probably wanna check us out before the sports festival," bakugou stated calmly, walking towards them. i followed in step next to him, scanning the crowd. there wasn't anyone who looked special, but that purple-haired kid looked like he could be troubling. "there's no point in doing stuff like that. out of my way extras!" 

he seemed to intimidate them, which i was grateful for. the guard dog of class 1-a, but more importantly, of me. iida of course scolded him for his word choice, but i couldn't care less. i just didn't want to have to push past these people. 

"i came to see what the famous class a was like, but you seem pretty arrogant. are all the students in the hero course like this?" bakugou got immediately annoyed and i sighed. 

"baku, can we just go?" i spoke a little impatiently, tugging on the sleeve of his blazer. he looked down at me and gave a blank face. he nodded slightly before turning his head to the boy who was talking, his annoyed face returning like a switch. jeez, is he bipolar?

"the school has left those of us a chance. depending on the results of the sports festival, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course. and it seems they may transfer people out." i began to get annoyed and a little anxious, so i zoned out whatever this guy was talking about. it probably wasn't worth my time and he was trying to shake our class and intimidate us. kind of pointless, if you ask me.

i felt a pull on my arm and bakugou was leading us into the crowd. i got a little nervous, but tried my best to stay away from all those people. "wait a minute bakugou! what're you gonna do about all this? it's your fault that everyone's hating on us!" eijiro asks. i hope it's nothing since bakugou seems pretty calm about this.

"it doesn't matter." i sigh in relief as i tug on bakugou again, silently asking for us to leave. i've noticed how reliant i've gotten on him since i've met him, but i'm glad to have him to ward off people. 

"huh?!" 

"it doesn't matter as long as you rise to the top." with that, bakugou pulls me along through the crows, a path is made for us to leave. thank god

"you could have gotten out of that sooner, y'know," i say, walking beside him and slightly skipping. 

"i wanted to hear their regrets for when i blow them all to bits!" i felt the heat from an explosion overcome my left side, and i don't need to look to know that bakugou is sparking his hand up. i chuckle at his typical response. 

"whatever you say, sparky." 

"sparky?! do i look like a fucking dog?!" 

"i mean, you kinda look like an angry pomeranian all the time." 

"shut the hell up, what even is a pomeranian?!" 

"you don't know what a pomeranian is?! oh my god, they're the cutest breed of dog alive, look!"

"that shit looks pathetic! i do not look like that!" 

"yes, you do! even the hair looks like yours!" 

"shut up, twin-tails! you look like a child!" 

"you're so mean! at least i compared you to something cute."

"so you think i'm cute, huh?" 

"w- wah! i didn't- no- stupid!" 

"i'm just messing with you dumbass, and for the record, your hair looks kinda good."

"awh, thank you!" 

"shut up, dumbass!" 

- ☼ -

any time i could get, i would train with bakugou or work with the photography club. we would train right before classes and immediately after school. 

hanging with him gave me a lot of time to get to know him and his fighting style, which i'm sure would give me an advantage. i was pleased to know that i was able to pin him down without needing to bend the blood in his body to keep him at bay. 

after our training sessions, we would just hang out in his room and play games. i of course would convince him, and his mom would always insist on me eating with them after having lost so much stamina. she made some pretty damn good food and even supplied me with a box of sweets labeled for only me.

she's a very sweet lady (when she's not cursing out her son) and she even allowed me to call her mitsuki. i've as well met masaru and he was interested that my dad was a famous doctor and we talked about my dad's job a lot and what i've learned from him. i get along quite well with his family, despite all the curses that fly by.

other than that, i've started the photography club with the help of present mic. i put posters around the school and he announced it as a new club over the school announcements until people finally began to show up and become a part of it. many of them were great at taking pictures while others were amazing at graphic design, maybe even better than i. 

we made promotions for the sports festival and decided on projects for the classes who weren't going to participate this year to be able to take pictures and videos to put on the official instagram to promote the hero class and general class. since i would be participating, i would be leaving it to them and i was glad that we had such talented people who wanted to help out.

i became the leader of the club since i proposed the idea. many second and third years came and i was a little nervous to be heading it because of this, but they assured me that they had a lot of respect for me for doing this. 

things are looking up and i hope it stays that way as we continue our endeavors. i really didn't want to have to deal with the same thing we did at the usj. before we all knew it, the day of the sports festival was upon us

- ☼ -

words: 1119