IX

˜”*°• She Was There •°*”˜

"How are you two communicating, actually?"

Dazai stared at them with confusion written on his face, (Y/n) let out a silent titter whilst sipping her now half emptied tea.

The brunette noticed and it would be a lie when he told himself her smile wasn't contagious.

"I'm so full."

Atsushi happily patted his now bloated stomach, "I don't want to see another bowl of this for at least ten years." He sighed.

Kunikida was irritated, "Why, you..."

"How dare you be so shameless after eating on my dime?" He angrily muttered.

"You're a real lifesaver."

"—?"

The blonde stared at the boy in front of him, confused.

"After leaving the orphanage and coming to Yokohama," Atsushi stared at the bowls he had previously devoured everything in it.

"I've had nothing to eat and nowhere to sleep. I thought I'd die of starvation."

He softly smiled and (Y/n) gave him a sympathetic look.

"You're from an orphanage?" Dazai asked.

"Putting it one way, yes." The boy answered.

"But they kicked me out."

(Y/n) then slowly stood up, catching the three's attention, she smiled and pointed to the restroom.

Kunikida nodded in response and Dazai smiled back.

Kunikida reverted his eyes back to Atsushi's while the brunette's eyes were still glued to (Y/n)'s figure until she was gone.

His attention returned back to the orphan boy in front of them.

"That's some non-profit there."

Meanwhile, inside the restroom, the (h/c)-nette received a call from her phone, she answered after three rings.

"Je vois que tu t'es occupé."

(Y/n) scoffed, and let out a breath of slight amusement. She had already predicted this man would call to 'check' up on her.

And she knew it was half the truth.

"Ça fait un moment, Francis."

She smiled, although she knows he can't see it, she knows he know.

"Hm, a while it has."

She could hear the slight tone of sadness on the other side. Francis sipped his tea, one of his servants brought him.

He inhaled through his nostrils and began to question the (h/c)-nette.

"How are you, belle?"

"I'm doing fine, Francis. How are you?"

As if on cue, her intuition noted her that she would get a dramatic reply.

And she did.

"Oh, my precious belle, I am lonely. Without you I am nothing."

She rolled her (e/c) eyes and took something from her coat's pocket.

"I see."

She slowly applied her chapstick onto her lips, her tongue licked her lips and its honey flavour filled her taste buds.

"But I'm coming home, my belle. Soon you'll be in my arms again."

This man was married mind you, yet here he was, courting a certain woman. (Y/n) pitied his wife, how pitiful it was indeed.

He courted her, yes.

But if he was truly loyal to her, he wouldn't have married a 'friend' of hers and went on to ramble how much he love her, despite already being married.

"If I'm willing to go back to you, that is."

She heard gasped, this man was dramatic. But she knew her words pierced him, she knew her words had hurt him.

Well, not that (Y/n) really cares.

"But my—"

(Y/n) hang up before he could even reply, Francis had left her for her 'friend' but how pitiful it was to see him crawling back to her, not.

(Y/n) smacked her lips together, placing her chapstick back inside her pocket and glanced at herself in front of the mirror before giggling.

.

.

.

"I'm such a tease~"