CHAPTER XXXIV

"Clarke, I know where she is" was what Costia said. The slight brunette woman didn't regretted it, it felt good to finally let Clarke know. Cos has been aware of Lexa's location since almost when she left or so. Of course it hurted her to hear that the blonde was in depression since Lexa left. But when her ex lover came to her house, crying and praying her to help and not to tell Clarke, she didn't really have a choice but to respect what she asked for. But it was a long ago and Clarke obviously needed to see her, not only to get rid of her depression, but also to be able to refunction normally. Of course Costia was a bit breaking her promise with Lex but she was breaking her friendship with Clarke if she didn't helped her.

*Costia's POV*
I was peacefully in my sofa in the living room, when I heard someone closed violently a car's door and came to my house. The person rang the doorbell and I finally got up to go and open the door, my surprise was total. Of course I didn't expect my ex who I still love and was dumb enough to cheat on...to show up. Of course I didn't expect Lexa to appear so suddenly at my door, after all this time. Indeed it has been a while since we both talked, and the last time we saw each other was at Clarke's party at the beginning of this year. But she was still standing here, and waiting for me to say something.

I took all the time I needed to both aknowledged who was at my doorstep, and reintegrate how much she has beautiful eyes and a soft face... Let's be honest, it hurted like to remember what I have lost, to remember I would probably never have her again. Well and after all this time, before it turned really akward, I said something. "Hi Lex, are you ok ??" I asked because she honestly didn't look like everything was alright. She fainted a smile but I knew her enough to know it was fake, so I asked again, "Heyy, you ok ?" and while I said it I was softly brushing her bare shoulder, sending chills in both our body. She responded by pulling me in a hug, not a friendly one, but not a lover's one either.

We stayed like that for quite a long time, and I deduced thath if course something was wrong. She had her cheek againt my neck and I could feel it was a bit wet, she was probably crying in my arms. I know that she wasn't doing so well, because I heard what happened at school the other day, with that kid Gabriel who was harrassing her and Clarke. Knowing Lexa she was probably about to leave the poor blonde to try to avoid her the troubles, but breaking news, it will do her nothing good ! I have still in my thoughts when Lex spoke up, sobbing, "I missed you Cos..." and hearing her said that just broke me a little more. I cut the hug short and placed a soft kiss on her right cheek before saying "I missed the way you called me..."

We both went inside, and she explained me the problem, but not without difficulties, because it has always been hard for her to open up. She explained the situation with Clarke, what happened at school and what she wanted to do. Sadly what I thought when we were hugging was kind of true. She planned to just move away, to leave her, so she would have to care anymore... Of course I tried to tell her it was terribly wrong, to changer her goddamn. But the brunette was really stubborn, you can't just try to deter her, it would of course never work. When I told her it would just break her blonde even more, she seemed a bit sorry but I eventually understand she was doing it for her good being.

Well to cut a long story short, she asked me if my aunt Indra still has this tiny apartment in NYs center. As it was unused and that Lexa was in need, it wasn't a gig deal. Indra was rich anyway, it was her apartment when she was young and needed a place to bring her one night stand other than the familial skyscraper, but anyway, she was now married with a good guy called Gustus so I gave her the keys. We spent the night together (we didn't have sex you pervs !) but we just talked about our lives, and honestly it was good to have her close again. First things in the morning, she left after hugging me and thanking me for everything and just drove away to NY !

She told me she was about to realise her dream, to be an athor and send books in New York ! I really hope she'll achieved because the gril deserves it ! I didn't tell her how sorry I was for having cheated on her but I guess she has sense it in my voice. I of course promised not to tell Clarke, because according to the brunette she just needed to forget about "the shity girlfriend" she has been as she says... 
*back to present and nobody's POV*
"YOU WHAT ?" Clarke said, her voice was strange, like it's been months since no one heard her excited and happy voice.

"Yeah she's in Ny" Costia simply explained, and the blonde jumped in her arms. It made her behond happy to finally hear from the brunette. That was it, she needed to get on a fucking plane and fly to find the love of her life  ! They both discussed everything and Costia told her everything that happened the last time she saw Lexa, and he also gave her the adress of where she was staying. On the following afternoon Clarke Griffin was on a plane to New York, where she'll, hopefully, run into Lexa. During the flight, she was excited as ever, and she plainly hoped to find her again.

It was really late when the plane landed but there was no time to lose, at the exit of the airport, she immediately jumped into a taxi and gave the guy the address she needed to go. Fifth Avenue by night was clearly something Clarke never imagined seeing by her own eyes. It was almost midnight when the blonde arrived at the building door. It was a kind of old one but still very New York still. She rang the "Woods" bell a few time but no one answered.