chapter 1

-*-*-

Aurora and Harry walk down the stairs, after being called down by their Uncle.

Aunt Petunia is working on a cake as the twins enter the living room. Vernon is adjusting Dudley's tie. 

"How does that tie even fit around his neck?" Aurora whispered.

Harry tried his best not to laugh and catch the attention of the Dursley's. Vernon looks over to them with a menacing glare.

"I'm warning you. If you can't control that bloody bird, it'll have to go."

"But they're bored. If we could only let them out for... an hour or two." Aurora pleads.

Vernon chuckles. "So you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir."

Harry spoke up. "But we haven't had any messages from any of our friends. Not one. All summer."

Dudley starts to walk towards them, making sure to bump both of their shoulders, aggressively,  as he passes by.

"I should think you'd be a little more grateful. We've raised you two since you were a babies, given you the food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom, purely out of the goodness of our hearts." Uncle Vernon says.

Aurora rolls her eyes. "Sure, out of the goodness of your hearts. More like you had to, or you'd go to jail for throwing us on the streets." She retorts.

"You better watch your mouth, girl." Vernon glares.

"Make m-"

Aurora is kicked in the shin by her brother. "Ouch!"

Meanwhile, Dudley tries to take a bit of frosting from the cake Aunt Petunia made. "Not now, bumpkins. It's for when the Masons arrive."

Vernon checks his watch. "Which should be any minute." He motions for his family to come into the living room "Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?"

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home." She walks over to the door.

"Good. And, Dudley, you will be...?"

"I'll be waiting to open the door."

"Excellent."

The three of them turn to Harry, and Aurora, with scornful looks "And you...?"

"We'll be in our bedroom, making no noise and pretending that we don't exist." The twins say simultaneously in a monotone voice.

Vernon points his finger angrily at them."Too right you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career and you will not mess it up."

Aurora rolls her eyes and turns around, grabbing Harry's arm to walk up the stairs. Once they get in their room Harry turns to face his sister.

"You shouldn't be talking back like that, you could get hurt."

"Well I didn't, didn't I?" Aurora retorts, laying down on the bed.