chapter 5

"Well actually you didn't miss anything, the world kinda sucks

"Well actually you didn't miss anything, the world kinda sucks."

-*-*-

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We are going to train earlier, harder, and longer."

The Gryffindor Quidditch team was walking down the corridors for Quidditch practice. Aurora was mocking Wood, and Fred and George were laughing at her silliness. However, this came to a end when they saw Marcus Flint, the captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team walking towards them. The rest of the Slytherin's were behind him, with nasty grins on their faces.

"What? I don't believe it." Wood shook his head. "Where do you think you're going Flint?"

Marcus shrugged. "Quidditch practice."

Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Wood booked the pitch for today." Rory said.

"Shut up, orphan." Flint fired back.

Aurora stepped forward to retort but Wood held her back.

From the corner of her eye, Aurora saw Hermione and Ron approaching. They had been sitting in the courtyard, Hermione was helping Ron with his History of Magic homework.

"I've got a note." Flint pulls out a rolled up scroll; Wood takes it and opens it.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker." Wood looks up from the parchment. "You've got a new Seeker, who?"

From behind Flint, Malfoy sauntered out with one of his signature smirks. Aurora raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Malfoy?" Harry asked.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year." Draco puts his broom at his side; Harry, Ron, Aurora, Hermione, and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team examined the brooms Draco and the rest of the Slytherin team were holding.

"Those are Nimbus 2001's. How did you get those?" Ron asked.

"A gift from Draco's father." Flint smiled, showing off his crooked teeth.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best." Malfoy said to Ron.

"Well at least the Gryffindor team didn't have to buy their way in. They've got pure talent." Hermione glared.

"No one asked for your opinion, you filthy little mudblood." Draco said.

Aurora walked up to where Draco was standing. "You better shut your trap, before I shove this broomstick right up your a-"

Before Aurora could finish her sentence, Fred put a hand on her mouth.

"What are you going to do? Cry to your Mum and Dad? Oh wait they aren't here right now!" Malfoy fired back.