Chapter 9

~Jayne's POV~

What?! This was not good. I stormed into the lads dressing room, pissed off as hell.

"Lads, I have some pretty bad news... Your wardrobe stylist has gone AWOL and your clothes are gone," I sighed. They were all shocked, apart from Nathan. In fact, he was smirking. Not at me, at two girls who were in the corner. I hadn't noticed them earlier.

"Come on, Am. It's your time to shine. And we need your help," what was Nathan talking about? Then the lads realised I had no idea who these two were. Nathan looked at me.

"Jayne, this is my girlfriend, Amelia. And this is Nadiya, her friend. About just now... Amelia here is a pro at wardrobe styling, I've tested her before and she's good... Thought maybe she could help out," I shook hands with a very pretty girl and a darker toned girl. I thought about it and trusted Nathan. If he said she was good, she wasn't bad at the least. And we desperately needed to get these guys dressed.

"Alright... Why not. Amelia can you do the impossible task of dressing these guys? They need to be casual but not too casual," I asked. She thought about it for a while before nodding and turning to Nadiya.

"Nadiya... Didn't you say something about a clothes store?" Nadiya nodded, smiling.

"Yeah, it's called UNIQLO and I think the nearest one is at Tampines 1 shopping mall. Shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to get to and fro," she replied. Amelia nodded and did the most impressive thing I had seen any girl do. She actually began dishing out to the lads, who listened intently. Wow. Who is this girl?

~Amelia's POV~

"Alright, we'll take two cabs to this shopping mall. Jay, Tom and Siva go with Jayne, if that's all right with you, Jayne. The rest will be with me and Nadiya. No funny business lads. Now quick, let's go!" I clapped my hands. I think the boys knew what I could do if they didn't follow their instructions. Jayne looked at me in awe. She asked how I got them to do as told. I laughed and lowered my voice so only Nadiya and Jayne could her.

"Well... This morning they had a taste of what happened if they didn't listen. Let's just say, it helps to know their weakness," I said winking at Nadiya, recalling this afternoon.

We arrived in UNIQLO in no time and I dragged the boys off individually with Jayne, while Nadiya occupied the rest of the lads. First up, Max.

I quickly scanned the huge racks of clothing before pulling out a grey button down shirt, a black leather jacket and a pair of black chinos before tossing them to Max asking him to try it on. Jayne approved, and he went off. Up next, Tom.

Tom was easy when he came to casual. I tossed him a pair of grey pants and a cream coloured shirt. Jayne approved, and next was Siva.

"Actually, I think Siva's fine in this," Jayne said and I nodded, shooing him out. Jay was next.

I chose a dark blue polo t-shirt and a pair of grey pants. This was easier than I thought! Thumbs up from Jayne, finally Nathan was up.

I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, and he pouted. Nath was the easiest. I chucked him a black jacket, a plain white tee and a pair of stone chinos. Jayne nodded and as he walked out to pay with the others, Jayne turned to me with a huge smile on her face.

"You, Amelia, are bloody brilliant! I think we have a new wardrobe stylist! Would you like the job? Technically, you'll sort of be my assistant, but the bulk of the job is the clothing," she was joking. I gave a her a 'are you freakin kidding me' look and she shook her head. I was so happy! More time with my lovely boyfriend and I get paid! But what about my current job? I asked Jayne. She told me not to worry, that management will sort it out with my boss and I sighed in relief.

I practically skipped out to find the lads waiting with their bags and Nadiya talking frantically on the phone. I tried to listen on what she said. It did not sound good.

"Mak! I've told you! Oh, dear. Okay, okay. Mak tunggu dulu, Nadiya akan balik," she sighed in frustration before hanging up. I asked her what was going on. She told me her mother has absolutely no idea how to get to a certain address, so she needed to go home. The lads began whining.

"Aww man, why? You're the only one who actually listens when I talk about Star Wars!" Siva whined, and Nadiya apologised once again before heading off. I looked at my watch. Shit! It was already 7pm and we still weren't prepared. We quickly called two cabs again, me, Nath and Jay in one while the rest took a second cab.

It was already 7.20pm when we arrived. Looks like these guys were gonna be late. They quickly changed, and I helped out where I could, straightening shirts and adjusting pants. When they finally stepped on stage, it was 7.45pm and Jayne and I shook our heads.

"Jeez, Jayne, these lads are really quite a handful! So, what kinda jobs will I be doing, apart from dressing them?" I asked her. She smiled at me sympathetically.

"Well... One of the jobs is to wake them up, ensure they go to bed early. Mostly you'll be making sure they keep themselves in check," haha, this was gonna be the best job of my life. I nodded and thanked her again, to which she said no problem.

We enjoyed the concert, their voices were really good. Nath kept glancing in my direction, and that kept me blushing, while Jayne nudged me and smirked. I stuck my tongue out at her. It was a good hour and a half. Nathan jumped off the stage to hug me.

"Nath! You're all sweaty! Get off or there'll be no kissing for the night!" I joked, and he immediately stopped. I giggled. Boys would be boys. I tell ya, all you need is something the lads fear and they'll do as told. It was easy for Jay, Nathan, and Max since I knew just what they were afraid of. Siva was relatively well behaved, but if not polkadots really come in handy. I don't see why he had such a fear of polkadots. Polkadots were creative.

"Babe, we're going for the meet and greet, see you later!" Nathan called out and I nodded. I glanced at my watch. Woah. It was 9pm. It was amazing how bright it still seemed, despite the sky being plunged in darkness. All the buildings had at least one light on.

"Hey, Jayne, mind telling Nath I went back to my hotel? And when do I start work?" I asked. She nodded and checked her notes.

"Well, Nathan insisted that after this he and the lads needed a week off. Apparently, there was an urgent gig I don't know about. Their next tour starts in September, is that okay?" I thanked her. A month. At least I had time to make up for the hours I'll be missing at work.

I took a cab back, arriving at about 10.15pm. I was exhausted, exited, happy, I didn't know I had such a large emotional range. I took a quick bath and changed into a large tee and shorts before flopping onto the comfort of my bed, zoning out immediately and drifting off to dreamland.

Author's Note: Yeah... As you can most probably tell, I'm not a fashionista. I shall remain as a happy-go-lucky 13 year old who doesn't give a damn what she wears. So... Fan or comment! Thanks for reading!

~Sophia