Chapter 14

~Amelia's POV~

"Bye mom!" I yelled. I was going to meet Santana and Chloe at the nearby club, and get some drinks. I didn't want to get drunk, the last time I did, I woke up with a crazy guy in my bed. She hugged me goodbye, then told me to be careful, she knew about how I could get drunk easily. I assured her that I would be fine, then walked out. I practically ran to their house, a few houses from mine. I knocked once before a middle aged lady opened the door.

"Hey Mrs Campbell! Are Santana and Chloe ready?"

"Amelia! Hello! Hold on... CHLOE! SANTANA! Amelia's here, take care of yourselves, behave! Alright?" Mrs Campbell yelled up. Santana was my age, while Chloe was 20. Although at times it seems the opposite. Mostly it's Santana who gets in trouble, but Chloe does too. I heard a stampede before a body slammed mine in a hug.

"Amelia! I'm so sorry we missed your party! Today, I'll make it up to ya! You're gorgeous by the way, you'll have guys begging tonight," Santana babbled. I laughed and Chloe came down too, hugging me as well.

"I'm not trying to pick anyone up, I have a boyfriend. I'll tell you about him in the car," I explained about Nathan as we drove to the club. It was packed, nothing usual. We grabbed a secluded spot, then ordered our usual. Then I saw it. The one sight I had never imagined.

Nathan James Sykes was snogging a blonde girl. Forget snogging, he was practically making out with her.

"Uhh... Guys I gotta go. Explain in the morning," I whispered hurriedly. They yelled out my name as I brushed past him, causing him to shift his gaze to me but I didn't care. I ran in my heels, praying that I wouldn't fall down. I hadn't eaten lunch, or by now dinner, and my stomach decided to act up now of all times. I ignored the pain and continued running. I heard footsteps, and a hand grabbed my wrist. Unfortunately, my feet weren't very coordinated and I tripped. I shook his hand off and got up, limping as he called my name.

"Amelia, wait! I'm pretty sure you sprained your ankle! What's wrong with you? Why are you ignoring me?" I seethed in anger at his last sentence. I spun round, getting up in his face.

"What's wrong with me? I don't know, let me see... Oh right, I saw my boyfriend sucking face with a blonde bimbo! Wait never mind, cause you can call what we had over. I thought I loved you, I thought you felt likewise. Apparently I was wrong. Bye, Sykes. Follow me and I won't hesitate to hurt you," I warned. Obviously he didn't listen. I sighed then turned and jabbed my fist to his stomach, his weak spot. He doubled over in pain, and I felt a little guilty.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I limped home. Mom was working but Reed was on the couch. He looked up as I limped up the stairs to my room and slammed the door. He knocked softly and came in a few seconds later. I was curled up, clutching my stomach at the pain and sobbing my eyes out. He sat on my bed and wrapped an arm around me. I told him everything, and by the end he was shaking in fury. His phone rang, and he looked at the ID before picking up.

"Hey Ames. I'm sorry, something just came up. I swear, I'll make it up sometime. Bye, I'm so sorry," I looked up questioningly. He looked... Nervous?

"That was... Amy. After the party, we sort of got together. She was going to come over, but I told her tomorrow," I smiled a little. Reed did like Amy after all.

"Reed, I can tell you got that look in your eyes again. Don't hurt Nathan," I pleaded. His face had the same exact look as it had when my first boyfriend cheated on me. But this was different. I didn't care if he was kissing someone else, Reed could not hurt him. I wouldn't allow it. My first boyfriend ended up with a bloody nose.

"He hurt you Amelia. I can't just sit by and do nothing! Damn it Amelia, you can't always put others first!"

"You can't hurt Nathan, Reed! I-I... I love him," I mumbled the last bit. He was shocked. I asked him to leave, then locked the door. My phone rang, yet again. Nathan. I picked up, but didn't talk at all, listening to what he said.

"Amelia? Amelia, I'm so sorry! I was drunk,I wasn't thinking... Amelia? Am, please say something," he begged. I sniffed quietly, then hung up, not bearing it anymore. I couldn't stay here. I packed my suitcase, tossing in my notebook this time. I wrote a quick note to Reed and left it on the kitchen counter. Reed was asleep.

--Hey Reed, I'm so sorry but I'm heading back to London early, don't call or ask why, I just need some time to think, alright? Love ya and mom--

I drove back to London, back to my flat. Okay, step one, check. Next I called Jayne. It was a little late, I hoped desperately she was awake. But it went straight to voicemail, so I left her a message.

"Hey Jayne... I'm so sorry, but I-I can't take the job. I need some time to think, I need some alone time. I'm so so sorry. Bye," I whispered. I hung up and just curled up in a ball while sniffing, trying not to cry. Then I remembered something. I ran to my bathroom.

The blade stared at me from the counter. I hadn't had to pick it up in months. I slashed a pretty deep gas on my lower arm, letting the pain overwhelm me. But I was still stressed out. I made another deep gash, wincing at the stinging pain. Blood flowed freely from my left arm, before putting the blade away and washing my arm. The water stung, but I didn't care. I had never made such a deep cut before. These scars won't be fading anytime soon.

I hopped in the shower and let the hot water cascade on me, stinging when it hurt my arm. I was careful to avoid my arm when soaping myself. I changed and hopped into bed. Today's drama was just too much for me. I had known Nathan for... By now it was a good 12 years. I never, in my entire life, expected him to cheat on me, or cheat at all.

Author's Note: Uh oh... Nathan's cheated! Drunk mistake? How will Amelia fare? Thanks for reading! Fan, comment, just don't stop reading!

~Sophia