Chapter 4

Lana POV

We landed right by the lake. Percy slid of the Pegasus and helped me down.

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood," he said.

It was so amazing, I couldn't describe it. Plus, I've bet that you have heard all about it from Percy.

Boss, can I have some sugar cubes now? Said a voice in my mind.

"Fine Blackjack. Here you go," replied Percy, giving the pegasus some sugar cubes.

"Did that pegasus just talk?!" I asked, alarmed by the voice in my head.

A Pegasus is what I am. The names Blackjack! The pegasus whinnied.

*Percy POV

"You heard Blackjack?" I asked, a little frightened by this. I even felt my face pale.

"Apparently, yes, I did" Lana replied, sounding confused.

Well that's not good, I thought.

I just noticed that campers were running towards us.

"Annabeth!" I yelled.

*Lana POV

A girl started to run towards us and gave Percy a hug. Percy seemed a little worried.

"Annabeth, I need to talk to you. It's about the new demigod...," he said and they walked off. Now they both looked worried, and I was starting to become scared... again.

*Percy POV

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's Lana." I said.

"The new demigod?"

"Yes. She heard Blackjack talk. And she said that she never knew her dad. That leaves me to think that her dad is..."

"Don't say it" Annabeth cut me off. "We now have a really good guess on who her father is."

"I was afraid that you were going to say that," I replied.

Suddenly, I heard a scream of pain. And it sounded like Lana.

Lana POV

I didn't realize that it was the scrape that the empousia gave me was what was hurting so much. I had just screamed, tears in my eyes, my head spinning. I could barely see. The last thing I saw was Percy and the girl- Annabeth- standing over me, Percy looking absolutely terrified.

*Percy POV

Annabeth helped me carry Lana to the Big House. I knew that Chiron could help us. The empousia had scraped her, and I hadn't even noticed.

"What hap... Oh. I see. Bring her over here. Onto the bed," he said.

"Will she be okay?" I asked.

"Well, she might be. I need some nectar and ambrosia, so just watch her for a moment." Chiron said. And with that, he left.

"We could always try water," I said.

"What?" Annabeth said, confused.

"We could always try water. We know already that she looks like me, she didn't know her dad, and she can talk to horses. So it's worth a shot," I explained.

"Alright. We'll need to tell Chiron though," she replied.

As if on cue, Chiron walked right through the doors.

"Well," he said. "I could only find a small amount of ambrosia and nectar."

"We could always try water," I said.

Now Chiron was confused. "What?"

"We, as in Annabeth and I, know that Lana looks like me, she never knew her dad, and she heard Blackjack talk. So we could always try using water to heal Lana," I explained, again.

"Well, it's worth a try," he sighed. "Why don't you go get some water while I use what small amount of nectar and ambrosia we have."

And with that, I took a bucket, a clean one mind you, and ran to get some water.

Lana POV

Well, I've had some pretty strange dreams. The one I had that day was the strangest by far.

I was on a beach, but it wasn't a calm beach like in Oregon. It was like there was a hurricane happening. I was running from who knows what to who knows where. All I knew was that the thing chasing me was dangerous. And all of a sudden, I heard a deep, loud voice bellow "There is no escape from Gaea!"

*Percy POV

I had returned with some water and we tried what I suggested. It was actually working. Lana's cuts were healing from the water. I was excited that she was healing but also a little nervous. If this was happening I know exactly who her dad is... Poseidon. And if he broke the oath again...