Chapter 20- Please

It was the day after the wedding and Xingchen was ready to tell his parents about Xue Yang. He discussed it with the man who also agreed so they were both going to tell them together.
   "Are you ready?" Xingchen asked the shaking man.
    "No, but let's do it," Xue Yang said and took a deep breath.
     They walked to the doors of the room and walked in. It was a big room, with a chandelier hanging from the top and two chairs in the back. It was the Crown Room.
    The king and queen were sitting on the chairs chatting when Xingchen cleared his throat, "Mother, me and Chengmei have something to talk to you about. It's about Xue Yang."
    The name gained the couple's attention, "What is it?" The woman asked.
    Xue Yang walked up and said, "I am Xue Yang."
    "Stop lying, you are Xue Chengmei. You may be related to him but I don't think you are," the king said.
     "Xue Chengmei is my real name, Xue Yang is my fake name," Xue Yang said, "nobody knows me by Chengmei except everyone here."
     The queen turned to Xingchen, "Is this true?"
     "Yes," Xingchen said nodded.
    "How long have you known?" The queen asked getting wary.
     "S-since the moment I saw him," Xingchen said, bowing his head.
    The parent's gasped, "And you never said anything?! Why would you keep such a secret?!" The king asked.
    "Because I love him!" Xingchen yelled. Everything went silent, and Xue Yang got closer to man.
    "You...you what?" His mother asked.
    "I-I love him, that's why I never said anything. When he came the first time, it was at the ball. Me and him slept together," Xingchen said shakily.
    "What?!" The woman yelled, "How could you sleep with a murderer?!"
    "I don't know!" Xingchen yelled back, "But it's over now! And I want to marry him!"
     "No, absolutely not!" The queen yelled, "He must receive a punishment for all his sins!"
     "No! Please mother, just let me be happy for once!" Xingchen said.
     "You are running my patience young man," the woman said darkly, "I want him out of this castle by midnight."
     "Father, are you really going to do this?" Xingchen asked looking at the man with teary eyes.
     "I wish you were never born," the man simply said, "get out of my sight you fag!"
    Xingchen's eyes widened, "W-what?"
    "Get. Out. Of. My. Sight!" He repeated loudly.
    Xingchen laughed with tears running down his cheek, "I hope you're happy," he said before taking Xue Yang's hand and storming out of the room.
    Once he was outside he threw his arms around Xue Yang and cried into the man's neck. Xue Yang held him and rocked them back and forth slowly, "Shh darling, it's going to be alright."
    "But it's not," Xingchen whispered, "I wanted to marry you."
     "Me too princess," Xue Yang said softly, "me too."
     Xingchen cried on the man and soon he calmed down, he stepped back and wiped his tears, "S-sorry."
    "What for princess?" Xue Yang asked softly.
    "Your shirt," Xingchen said pointing at the wet spot on Xue Yang's shirt.
     "Oh that's nothing," Xue Yang said smiling, "I've had worse. But I should get going before they do anything to you, I'm sorry but I think I have to leave."
     "No! Please don't leave me, I'm begging you," Xingchen said clinging on the Xue Yang.
     The man smiled as tears welled up in his eyes, "I'm sorry princess, I love you so much alright?"
    Xingchen shook his head and gasped when Xue Yang pushed him away and ran. He watched his lover run out of an open window and jump. He ran over and saw Xue Yang running away from the castle, he cried softly, his hand covering his mouth.
    He heard footsteps and heard a voice, "Your majesty? What's wrong?" It was Song Lan.
     Xingchen turned around and said weakly, "He's gone..." before collapsing on the floor with a thud.

    Xue Yang was running through the forest and heard someone behind him. He turned around and saw Wei Ying running after him, he stopped.
   "Chengmei," the man said panting, "why are you running?"
    "I can't be with Xingchen," he said quietly.
    "Yes you can you idiot," Wei Ying said.
    "No, you don't understand. I'm Xue Yang!" He yelled.
    Wei Ying froze, "What?"
    Xue Yang sighed, "I'm the gang member, Xue Yang."   
     "B-but why is Prince Xingchen alive then?" Wei Ying asked, "Why am I alive?"
     "Because I love Xingchen and I consider you as a brother," Xue Yang said grabbing the man's shoulders, "I need you to go back and tell Xingchen that I'm sorry and that I will visit him again soon."
    "Why me? Why don't you go yourself?" Wei Ying asked.
    "Because if I go, I will want to stay there forever," Xue Yang said, "now go." He turned back and ran into the trees.
    "Wait!" Wei Ying yelled, but it was too late. The man had gone. He didn't know what to do, he didn't want to follow him and risk getting lost and hurt. But he also didn't want to go back to the castle and break the news to Xingchen that his lover left.
    "Wei Wuxian!" A voice yelled, it was Jiang Cheng, "Wei Wuxian, where are you?!"
    "I-I'm over here!" Wei Ying yelled back, he ran to his brother's voice and soon saw him. He went up to the man and said, "We need to get to the castle and tell Prince Xingchen something important."
    "What is it?" Jiang Cheng asked.
    "I can't tell you but I need to go as soon as possible, let's go," Wei Ying ran with his brother to the castle, hoping that it wouldn't be too late.