Chapter 18- Rue

Xue Yang was lying on his bed with tears falling down his cheeks. He had a hand over his mouth to muffle any sounds and another over his stomach, he felt guilty for saying all those things to his lover.
He never wanted to say any of those things, he never wanted their situation to get worse, he just wanted to make it work. But the only way he could do that was by saying those things. It was a part of his plan, he just hoped that it would be worth it.
He took a deep breath and wiped his tears, he went to the bathroom where he washed his face. He was drying it when he saw his reflection in the mirror, he looked like a mess. Bloodshot eyes and a pale face, he looked dead almost.
He sighed and stood there for a couple more minutes before walking out of his room. The moment he stepped out he saw Song Lan, he walked over and whispered, "Hey, Song Lan, where's Xingchen?"
"He is with his mother," Song Lan replied, "you shouldn't have done that you know. He was heartbroken."
"Trust me, I am too," Xue Yang said, "but I had to do it. It's the only way this will work, and there are only a few more days until the wedding."
"He cried for almost an hour," Song Lan said glaring at the man.
    Xue Yang sighed, "Look, I said I'm sorry and I promise that it won't happen again."
    "It better not, because if I see him crying because of you again I will kill you," Song Lan threatened.
     "Please do," Xue Yang said. He walked to the main room and heard talking behind the door, he put his head on the door and listened.
    "What do you mean you changed it to tomorrow? I don't want to get married so soon!" It was Xingchen.
     "Xingchen, you have to. Me and your father are getting old and we need an heir soon," the queen said.
      "You aren't getting old, and we don't need am heir. I'm still young, and a-Qing could be the heir." Xingchen replied.
      "You won't be young forever you know," the woman said, "and she can't, she's a girl."
      "I know I won't be young forever but a-Qing can be a wonderful queen. I also want to get married to someone I love, and Mingmei isn't that person."
"What do you mean you don't love her? She is everything anyone could ever ask for!"
"I'm sorry but I don't, besides," Xingchen's voice began to shake, "I think I-I'm gay."
"You're what?!" The woman yelled.
"I'm gay, and there's nothing you can do about it."
"Listen, I don't care that you are gay, you are marrying that woman whether you like it or not," the woman spat, "now get out of my sight."
"Fine," Xue Yang heard the male walk towards the door and hid behind a wall. He saw Xingchen walk out and go towards his room, he followed the man. He went to Xingchen's room and knocked softly.
"Your majesty, is there anything else for me to do for your wedding?" He asked, tryingi to not act suspicious.
"No," Xingchen responded tiredly, "just go and tell Song Lan to come here and then you can take a break for the rest of the day."
"Sure," Xue Yang replied wistfully. He walked away from the room and soon heard soft cries, he wanted to so badly barge into the room and hug the man. He wanted to kiss him and tell him that everything would be alright, but he couldn't.
He pushed his feelings away and finally saw Song Lan, "Hey, the prince wants to see you. He's in his room," Xue Yang said.
"Alright," Song Lan responded and walked away. Xue Yang watched the man leave before returning to his room.
On the way, however, he was stopped by Wei Ying, "Chengmei," the man whisper yelled, "did you get the food to my sister?"
Xue Yang turned to him with tired eyes, "No, I let Xingchen go for the hundredth time."
Wei Ying's eyes widened, "But you had the perfect chance to wrap everything up! Is this because of the plan to crash the-MM!"
Xue Yang covered the man's mouth, "Don't say that out loud!" He hissed, "But yes, it is."
Wei Ying took the man's hand off his mouth slowly, "Alright, but the wedding is tomorrow. You need to get ready," he said softly.
"I know, and I already have the perfect plan," Xue Yang said, "I just need for everyone to bear with me and for the king and queen to agree."
"Wait...are you going to propose?!" Wei Ying asked.
"Yes," Xue Yang said proudly, "but I need their blessing."
"I don't know Chengmei, I heard Xingchen said he was gay to the queen and she didn't take it well," Wei Ying said, "I'm sure the king won't agree either. Did you ever know why all of a sudden a lot of gay people died? It was all him, he sent a bunch of soldiers and they attacked the couples' homes."
Xue Yang was shocked, "He did that?!"
Wei Ying nodded, "So you should be careful, I heard he plans on killing more gay couples. He hates gays for some reason, I think he had a bad past with them."
"Alright, so could you distract them while I crash the wedding?" Xue Yang asked hopefully.
"I mean I can try," Wei Ying said hesitantly, "I don't if I can do it though."
"You probably will, you're the master of distraction from what I've heard," Xue Yang said patting the man's shoulder, "by the way how's a-Yuan?"
Wei Ying grinned, "He's been great! Lan Zhan loves him and so do I, we make good parents apparently."
"That's good, he hasn't given you any troubles right?" Xue Yang asked.
"No! He is an absolute angel, he even offers to help the maids and everything. He's so willing to learn also," Wei Ying said.
"That's good, I hope you all are happy," Xue Yang said before walking away.