13: Tale of a Scholar and Captain {Beidou}

Vision: Hydro

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"There you are, (Y/N). Great to see you're taking a break from your studies for once." Beidou says, sitting up in bed. I smiled and joined Bei in bed with her pulling me into a hug. We've both been gone away for a while, with her at her fleet and me at the school I teach at so now that we're both back home, it's nice to get some together time. Bei smirked as she climbed on top of me and lined my neck with kisses, before planting ones on my lips.

"Man, I missed you a lot, (Y/N)." Beidou says affectionately. After a whole day apart, I missed her too. And regarding my studies, I believe it is beneficial to take a break every once in a while lest I burn myself out once more.

"I missed you too, Bei. In addition to that, were you not the one who told me to take breaks more often?" I say. She rests her head on my chest and lets out a content sigh, agreeing with my words happily. Putting my arms on her waist, I then eased relaxed, and got comfortable. Probably not gonna move from this position for a while, and I'm glad I won't.

"It sucks that stuff keeps getting between us. Like, all I want to do is spend some time with my damn boyfriend, is that so hard to ask?" Bei questions, with me petting her reassuringly. She sits up briefly to take off her eyepatch, placing it haphazardly on the stand next to the bed. I guess she forgot it she was still wearing it but she does raise a good point.

"No, that shouldn't be so hard to ask. I wish to spend as much time with you too, but I apologize that I've been busy."

"Hey, it's okay, we both have our duties. I just find it so frustrating how much they try to push us apart, babe." Beidou tells me, running her hand through my hair gently. We really should just spend tomorrow together, without any interruptions. I tell Bei my idea and she quickly latches onto the idea, obviously eager to have me to herself for a day as she puts it. With that said, I kiss her on the cheek and whisper into her ear.

"Well, now that we've decided, let's get some rest, alright? We've got a fairly full day ahead for us tomorrow."

"I get what you're saying. Alright then, good night (Y/N)."

"Good night, Bei."

-Timeskip brought by Beidou pulling (Y/N) in for a bone-crushing hug-

"So where should we go first?" I ask Bei. She just shrugs saying anywhere is alright with her, so long as it's with me. So we depart from our house and make our way to the harbor to see if there was perhaps something we could do there together. Once there, Beidou took a look at what some of the shops have to offer whilst I just tagged along, peaking at anything that caught my interest. A couple of books did catch my attention, but they were rather pricey. Considering what I bought last week, my pockets are pretty empty of Mora. After some more walking, we reach a restaurant and take a seat near a window, with a beautiful view of the ocean out ahead. Beidou orders a plate of Tianshu Meat, asking that they use their strongest spices on it. I was going to order the same thing as her just without the spice Bei smirks and urges me to be more courageous with my choices so I decide on a bowl of Bamboo Shoot Soup.

"That's the spirit. Honestly, you're still the same (Y/N) I fell in love with. Not too firm but we're still working on that." Beidou teases.

"H-Hey! I just try to go with the flow, you can't blame me for that." I shoot back. My defense is lackluster, I know.

"You're still scared of moths." She bluntly points out. She's got me there, but in my defense, those things are terrifying perversions of the beautiful butterfly. So I articulate this facet of my argument to her clearly and concisely.