The Bet

Just a short story

Just a short story. Found this picture on DeviantArt. I kinda forgot who the artist is...sorry 😅
Super random but the picture reminded me of a similar short story I found one time and wanted to do something similar.

"You know, it is common for some species to be betrothed...and as the fiercest member and leader of the lion guard, I think it's only fitting that the fastest and most beautiful member of my team be my betrothed," Kion says with a sly grin on his lips.

The female king cheetah in front of him laughs and nudges his shoulder.

"Very smooth, but in your dreams oh fierce leader. Cheetahs don't usually talk about betrothal," Fuli laughs.

Kion lets out a hmph and sulks pettily, "How about we make a bet?"

Fuli sits confidently and smirks, making sure her ear is in the lion cub's direction, "I'm listening".

"If I grow taller than you, you will be betrothed to me. If you remain taller, you don't have to. Sound good?"

Now Fuli was always a competitive cub, always winning. Unless it was a snail eating contest with Bunga. She refused to ever take part in it. To be fair, almost everyone refused.

"If I win, no betrothal and I become leader. Deal?" Fuli smirks.

Kion returns the smirk and shakes her paw, "Deal".

A few years later...

Fuli sat with her head hanging low. Her muscles were tense as she grits her teeth. Kion sat beside her grinning, holding his paw above her head.

"So?" Kion draws.

Fuli wanted nothing more than smack the grin off his face.

"You...win," Fuli mutters.

Kion laughs and that makes Fuli even more irritated until an idea pops in her head. She smirks and leans closer to Kion. He stops laughing and his cheeks burn a light shade of pink.

"So, how many cubs do want?"