Epilogue

Kaleb

---------

I lick my chapped lips as the chilly winds breeze from behind me. Swallowing hard, I shove my hands in the pocket of my jacket.

"Hey," my voice is shaky as I try and stand still, "we've been remembering you a lot lately." I run a hand through my hair, and take a seat on the soft grass below me. "I asked her out," I smile softly, "Mark helped me, not much surprise there, though." I shrug, slightly laughing. "He's getting better at listening to Charlie if he talks about you." I inform out loud, "She listens to him too," I add on, "Klary. She's incredible," I shake my head, smiling, "she's beyond amazing. It's weird, remember, about a year ago, when I told you about a girl who told off the Science teacher?" I keep my gaze low, "That was Klary." I pause, "She's really stubborn," I laugh, "oh god," I shake my head, "she's so persistent. If she has an opinion, she'll say it," I bite my lip ring, distractedly, "she doesn't care about what others think of her. She's strong, like that." I let out a heavy breathe, "She's strong in so many ways." My gaze locates a lady bug on a stem of a wet grass blade, "She's sad too, but she doesn't show it. She smiles it off. Acts like everything is okay." The ladybug sits at the tip of the green blade, "Her smile," I smile at the thought of it, "her smile, her eyes, everything about her is just amazing." The lady bug slips as its tiny legs come in contact with a water drop, "She has this small smile she does, it's mischievous in a way. And she does this cute little hair flip." I smile, "Mark and I played the game with her," I smile wider, "Guess The Twin," I add on, "she's awful at it." I laugh. "But we made it sort of tough, considering we didn't really show her easy pictures." I admit.

"That's not even you?!" I remember Klary exclaiming. "That's not fair!"

"It's totally fair," Mark snickered, "ready for the next round?" He smirked, scrolling for a new picture on his phone.

"Bring it on, bitches." Klary challenged. Mark showed her the next picture. "Brent Rivera." She mumbled, squinting, "Mark! We're playing Guess The Twin! Not, Guess The Random Guy!" She complained, only causing Mark and I to laugh harder.

"You're such a pussy." Mark laughed, causing Klary to hit him in the arm.

"Kaleb, this is cheating!" She looked over at me, across the dining table, helplessly.

"It's part of the rules," I smirked, "we're allowed to show you any picture."

"You guys are assholes, know that?" She pointed to the two of us as Mark shows her a picture of another picture of a random blue eyed male.

"You would've been so much better off dating me." Charlie entered the kitchen, a smirk on his face.

"Okay," I admit, "we didn't really show her any real pictures- but that's part of the game." I laugh, sighing slightly at the end, "You know, she doesn't act stupid like most girls." I say, "If she knows something, she'll say it," I pause, "and every fact she knows about it." I laugh. "Charlie says she reminds him of you. I think so too, I mean, she's smart, and sarcastic, and so beautiful." I say, "Even though Mark doesn't say it, I'm sure she reminds him of you, also." I bite my lip, "He likes her, though, so I guess that's the only difference. He never hated you though, I know it." I take a breath and release it. "If you met her, you'd be proud of me," I say softy, "proud that I chose the right girl." I finally look up at the tombstone sitting before me.

Abigail Perez

1977 - 2007

A loving mother and a beautiful wife.

Forever may you live in our hearts.

"I miss you, Mom." I softly say, running my finger softly over the engravements.

I stand up and brush off my jeans.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, "I said I was going to be with you soon, but," I think for a moment, "I don't think I'm going to be leaving this world for quite some time." I smile as I shove my hands in the pocket of jeans. "There is no way in hell Klary is going to let me kill myself." I let the breeze fly past me for another moment before speaking once more, "I love you, Mom."

I turn on my heel, and make my way back to the car waiting for me. Mark and Charlie sit in the back, while Klary sits patiently in the passenger seat. I enter the drivers side and take a seat in the quiet car.

Charlie's mood is obviously low, as it usually is when it comes to our mother. Mark is staring out the window, acting as though he doesn't care for our mom. Klary sits, playing with her fingers on her lap.

As I put the key in the ignition and turn on the car, Klary looks over towards me, "Are you okay?" She quietly asks, softly placing her hand atop mine.

I lift my hand, taking slight grip of hers in the process. I bring her hand to my mouth and place a light kiss on it, "I am now." I smile lightly, causing her to do the same.

She doesn't ask me twice as she usually does of wether I'm okay or not. I think it's because, for once after a very long time, I am okay.

I am actually okay.

I am actually happy.

-

-

This is done. I'm sorry. Bye.