Chapter 2

About ten months later...

Its about noon on a Wednesday and I'm lifting weights once again. Thats right, a Wednesday and no school. Well it is Graduation Day, finally. So why am I working out and not sleeping in?

One word.

Stress.

I don't know why I still have so much stress still. Exams are over and I did fantastic, the best in the senior class actually. It might be that my parents think that I applied to colleges and just haven't got any letters back yet. I decided a while ago that I'm going to start college later, after I figure out what I want to do. I know, I had all senior year to decide on what I want to do with my life, I just couldn't figure it out.

I haven't even told any of the girls yet. And honestly, I don't want them to look at me in awe and tell me that I should go to college this year and follow my dreams. I don't want them giving me any pity. Somethings I have to figure it out on my own, and this is one of them.

I still can't find a way to tell my parents about it and I hate to lie to them. They want me to go off to college and be a doctor or a teacher or a judge. The thing is, I don't want to do anything like that. I want to be a writer, I really enjoy writing and I honestly think I am really good. My parents don't want me to play volleyball, but thats something I love and want to do. But I also want to be a singer, but God knows how terrible I am at that.

Everything looked so easy when you're younger, but now you can understand why people get stressed so easily. You have to juggle school, a job, sports, and get up in the morning on time. Most of the time, at night, when my head hits the pillow I'm out.

Yesterday, Katrina came home and it was so good to see her. We all went out for dinner, to catch up on everyones life, at an amazing Italian restaurant called Spaghetti Warehouse. The day before that was the last day of school, it was so crazy. Everyone was finishing up exams and cleaning out their lockers and saying goodbye to everyone, even though we would see everyone at Graduation in our caps and gowns.

After I finished up some push-ups, I moved on to bench pressing. I added 20lbs. on each side to the 40 pound bar.

The music blaring through the large speakers, was suddenly turned off. I turned around and saw Ryland standing there with the plug in her hand. Its been a while since she has came to me personally like this, her and Lacey have been working so hard on their music, so I never get to see them.

"How long have you been here?" Ryland asked.

"Four hours, one more to go. Why are you here? Shouldn't you be getting ready for Graduation?" I said back.

"I could ask you the same. So, old habits never die, huh?"

"I'm getting stronger and fit. What's the problem with that?"

"Nothing. I just came here to ask you something..." She trailed off leaving me in suspense.

Ryland looked at the ground and was silent, for once.

"What is it?" I asked tired of waiting.

"I know. I mean-we know, me, Katrina, and Lacey all know about you lying about college and not sending any applications in. Why did you lie? I thought you could tell us anything!" Ryland looked angry at me yet disappointed. I was surprised at her outburst.

But I deserved it, I deserve everything bad and awful coming my way.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want pity from all you guys. I'm tired of everyone knowing I'm the only friend in this 'group' who can't sing or isn't talented. I can't do anything! My parents won't even let me go do what I want! But I don't even know what I want. So tell me, Ryland, why should I go to college?!" I could feel wet tears running down my face. Everything was falling apart. I don't know if I can do this anymore.

Ryland stood there not knowing what to say. I wouldn't know either, there is nothing that I said that wasn't true.

"You are talented!" screamed back Ryland.

"At what?! All this time, you guys have been the best at everything. Singing, running, playing piano, making new friends, talking to people and being social. You guys are so fucking perfect all the time! I get so sick of it sometimes. I love you all to death and all, but... it gets a little annoying sometimes when you guys do something and I think to myself, "Yeah, I can't do that either". I am just done with being worthless." I yelled at her. Ryland just didn't understand not being talented.

"You are not worthless" she told me.

"How do you know that? I could've been just a mistake and was never supposed to be born." I said to her sadly. Ryland moved closer to me and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tight. When Ryland pulled away, she looked me in the eye and said "We are going on tour with One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer! Would you mind being Lacey and mines bodyguard?"

I stood there not knowing what to think. A bodyguard?! But I'm a girl, why would they want a girl bodyguard?

"Just let me know later tonight." she said after a minute of silence. "I will see you at graduation, Danielle." Ryland walked out of the room after giving me a sympathetic smile.

Exactly why I didn't want to tell them.