Chapter 1

"I'm going to miss you so much!" I said bending down to hug Katrina's small body. I tried to keep the tears in but a few slipped out.

The thought shocked me of Katrina going on tour. I mean she totally deserves it, and she is an amazing singer. It just feels surreal that she won't be here for senior year. With Lacey and Ryland working on their album, I don't really have anyone to talk to now.

Everyone is to busy for me. I guess that's a good thing 'cause it gives me more time in the weight room after school. I need to get stronger for volleyball season.

Anyways, today is the day that Katrina leaves for tour. She is getting back right in time for graduation. I am so, very happy for her.

Although, I am jealous of Lacey, Ryland, and Katrina. They all have amazing voices, but why can't I have an amazing voice? I have always loved to sing, but not that much in front of people. No one ever said anything about my voice, if it was good or bad. It might be good if I don't find out because then I could concentrate more on school and volleyball.

"Awe, Love it's okay. I will be back before you know it." She let go of the embrace and smiled up at me. Katrina made her way around hugging everyone.

It's two in the morning and everyone has pajama pants on except for Katrina, obviously. It was easier to do it earlier in the morning because of so many fans. A few of girls showed up to see Katrina. Of course paparazzi and reporters are here too. But it's not like they are swarming us like other days.

"Flight 16 to New York is now loading" the speaker screeched.

"That's me guys" Katrina said sadly. We said our goodbyes. She waved at us and turned around walking towards the boarding area. She glanced back at us and smiled. I saw a tear run down her cheek as she turned her head back around.

A few more tears ran down my face as realized that this was reality, not a fantasy. Everything kind of hit me all at once. All my best friends were becoming famous, they were following their dreams. Why couldn't I be like them and follow my dream? I wanted so much but could do so little. I'm the ugly friend anyways, how could I become famous like that. I'm not even that talented anyways.

I mean look at Ryland. Beautiful. Her long, curly, brown hair with blond high lights. The colors blend so perfectly. Her brown eyes make every guy melt. And Lacey is so gorgeous. Her light brown hair that hangs right off her shoulders. Her hazel eyes always have a sparkle in them, especially when she smiles. And Katrina is flawless. Katrina's dark brown hair that is perfect. Her brown eyes are mixed with a caramel color that makes them look amazing. They are all literally perfect.

And theres me, Danielle, brown hair that I almost always put in a ponytail or messy bun. My eyes can't even be compared to any of the girls. I'm freakishly tall and somewhat over weight. I can't help but feel insecure all the time. It's like I can't do anything right sometimes, though.

Lacey would always tell me that God has something great planned for me. She would say that He will tell me what it is, but I just have to wait and be patient. I believe that's true and I believe in God and Christ. Sometimes it's just hard to believe that he could tell me. How will I know when he's talking to me? I used to have weird dreams including church and my pastor. I used to always think it meant something. I'm still hoping it does.

When I got in my car I wasn't going home, I was going to the school to lift weights. It always took my pain on the inside away by adding more pain on the outside. And it makes everything go away for a while. So it kinda evens out.

During the drive over to the school, I constantly thought of what I wanted to do with my life after high school. I know I definitely want to go to college, but I don't want to go right after I graduate. I might wait a year to figure myself out. But who knows, I could find myself during senior year.

Then I think about what I want to do. I have always loved writing. But I have always wanted to do something in the medical field. Or a famous volleyball player, but what are the chances of me being famous. I have a lot of thinking to do.