Chapter 11 - Angie

I woke up to low voices speaking somewhere behind me. Stretching, I cringed as my muscles screamed in protest. Slowly I got off the couch and towards the voices.  

I found Peter and Tink hunched over the kitchen table, pointing at maps and writing on a few different memo pads. I watched as Peter stretched his arms, rubbing the back of his neck, before bending back over the pile of papers. I wondered if they had slept at all during the night. They still hadn't noticed me, so I took the opportunity to get a good look at the girl who knocked on my door last night.  

Standing just higher than five feet, Tink was the epitome of a modern pixie. Her blonde hair was cut short, her bangs gently sweeping across her forehead. Her bright, bottle green eyes sparkled, dulling slightly as her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. When she smiled, two dimples found their way into the apples of her cheeks.  

When she yawned, her eyes met mine, alerting them of my presence. I smiled as I walked fully into the room. When Peter finally saw me, he grabbed my hand instantly.  

"Good morning, Angela." She greeted me, smiling brightly. "There's coffee in the pot on the counter." 

"Thank you," I murmured, making my way to the cupboard. "Did you guys sleep at all last night?" 

Peter shook his head. "No, but we came up with a plan to find the Boys." 

"Well, tell me what it is." I sat down next to him, snuggling in closely when he wrapped his arm around me.  

As he started explaining their plan to me, I started feeling more and more confident that we would surely find the Boys. By the time he had explained everything to me, down to the very last detail, he had a smile on his face. 

"So, this will work? This plan will help find the Boys?" I left out the 'especially Pipsqueak' that I was thinking.  

He nodded. "If we're fast, it should work. We leave in an hour." 

"I'll go get ready." 

He grabbed my arm hen I tried to get up. "Why are you getting ready?" 

My eyebrows furrowed. "You said we'd leave in an hour." 

His eyes softened. His grip loosened on my arm as he grabbed my hand. "I need to know the entire time I'm looking for the Lost Boys that you're safe. So, you're staying here with Tink and Sam. Hatter and I are going to meet Wolfsbane and Huntsman in the meadow, and we'll go from there." 

"But, Sam and Hatter are in Wonderland."  

He was about to speak when there was a knock on the front door. Peter gave me a sad smile before he got up and disappeared into the living room. A few minutes later, Sam and Hatter walked into the kitchen.  

"I stand corrected," I said dryly. 

Sam gave me a small smile when she gave me a hug.  

"How are you holding up?" She asked as she pulled away. 

"I don't understand why I can't go." I felt tears starting to build in my eyes. "I caused this mess; I should be able to help clean it up." 

"Tink, will you fill Hatter in on what we discussed? I need to talk to Angie really quick." 

She nodded and Peter took my hand. Sam looked at me dubiously. "I guess I'll make you something to eat."  

I nodded and let Peter pull me out of the kitchen. Neither of us said anything until we were in the guest room I had set up for him. He sat on the bed and pulled me towards him. When he leaned his head against my middle, I wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with the hair on the back of his head. 

He was quiet for a while, and I didn't push him. When he finally spoke, his voice was rough with emotion and unshed tears. "Do you know how much you mean to me?" 

"No," I said hesitantly. 

He looked up at me, tears streaked down his face. "How can you not know you are the most important thing to me?"  

I gave a sad laugh. "I've never been very good at deduction." 

"I can't lose you, Angie. And, I'm going to do everything in my power to keep you safe." 

"But..." 

"No 'buts', Ang," he cut me off, grabbing my face gently between both his hands. "You have no idea how much I wish I could bring you with me. But, I don't know what will happen. The safest place for you right now is here, with Sam and Tink watching over you. Can you please try to understand that?" 

I nodded. "I still don't like it, but I won't fight you on it." 

He stood up, still cradling my face. "Thank you." 

He kissed my forehead, and I relished the feel of his lips on my skin, knowing that it would be too long for my liking until I would feel them again. When he pulled away, he rested his head against mine. 

"Peter," I whispered, praying I didn't lose my nerve. 

"What?" 

He pulled back so that he could look me in the eye. I closed me eyes and, in one breath, said "I love you."