Manirat-2

Seeing this manish said chuckling:kyun itna surprised ho tum mayu.....he does that....neend mein bhi ya not being in senses bhi he cares for few ppl and you are one of them...I seriously doubt your observing skills if u haven't noticed that until now....I do agree that guy is a thickheaded one but if u think he doesnt love you, you are living under a rock... You know wat this is not the veer whom I know...

Kudos to the ppl who guessed it correctly and virat has uttered "Manku" seeing Mayank there

Mayank looked confused at manish and uttered: matlab....

Manish:Matlab ye jo i care for nothing,the taunts and trolls doesnt hurt me and all..ye jo virat hai na..wo aisa tha hi nahi..

It was around in 2006 I guess...I have just strted playing for Karnataka in First class level par I was on the bench for almost that season and he was playing for Delhi...He was the most enthusiastic kid I have ever met...Ha umar mein tho mujhse thoda bada tha par as u know harkaton mein bilkul nahi...A kid with puffy cheeks and height bhi chota tha mujhse ...Those innocent eyes,that smile which made me instant protective abt that kid even though I was younger to him..... damn that smile could melt even his opponents hearts...Actually humara mulakat hi bahuth ajeeb hua tha...We were in the dining room  and Uss team mein ashu pa,ishu da and wo sab log hai...unlogon ke saath ek cute sa bandha aaya tha jo ashu pa ke bilkul gandhe se gandhe jokes pe bhi bahuth has raha tha.....and meine pura dinner time pe unko observe karta raha..

After 2 days,at practice session both of the teams were nearby and he sat on the same bench as mine .After a while he was abt to leave and was half way maine notice kiya wo thigh guard chod ke chala gaya.Tho meiko uska naam bhi pata nahi tha par maine suna unlogon ko usko cheeku bulate hue.So,maine socha uska naam wahi tha and chillana laga cheeku...He didnt respond and so meine aur chillaya cheeku cheeku...entire ground hum dono ko dekh rahe the..He came running to me and said dont call me with that name folding his hands with puffed cheeks..He tried to intimidate me but meiko bahuth hasi aaya tha.He collected that guard from my hand and left angrily which is kinda sulking but its cute..

Mayank( unable to control his laughter and laughing merrily):kitna embarass hua hoga na virat bhaiyaa...pure ground ke saamne...sach mein ye tha aap dono ka first meet..Tab tho he would have hated you..If rah would have done the same to me i would have killed him or not talk to him ever probably..

Manish(slightly caressing vi's hair falling on his forehead who is still in mani's lap not that he minded):hai na...par that's where you are wrong and mistaken..That is what which makes this guy special...mera veer alag hai mayu sabse..agle din aaya hai wo and sat beside me offering dry fruits which his mother has packed for him..

I still remember what he said tab .."Im sorry for shouting on you yesterday..with his signature puppy eyes..ab tumhi bolo how can i not forgive him not that Im actually angry with him at the first place but ya..".

So,I replied "nahi cheeku..Im sorry for calling you like that",to which he objected saying "Virat Kohli...virat  kohli hai mera naam..."

Neither him nor I knew that was the  starting of something that will be so close to both of our hearts in years to come..Na pata bhi chala kab wo virat kohli se virat aur waha se veer ban gaya...Aur mein uska Mani..ya Manisha as you know..

Going back there again..Everyday for the next ten days ,that guy used to come to me and offer his dry fruits and made sure I ate some..Back then he was so innocent,na kisi ka fikar tha ya na koi baggage..He knew his father had his back always..He loved uncle to no ends..Actually even he made me meet uncle a few times..Once when I asked him abt the dining room incident why did he laugh,he very innocently said coz ashu pa ko bura nahi lagna chahiye na ..koi nahi has rahe hai unke jokes pe isilye meine has liya...Seeing kul sometimes reminds me of that lost Veer you know mayu...He was expressive on and off field too..Ab tho sirf ,emotions andar dabake hi rakhta hai yeh off the field...May be isilye veer is also so protective of his kuliya..