Manirat

Anantara,Dubai:

Manish's phone started ringing continuously at 2.15 a.m in the night(ya ya early morning par humare ICT ke liye wo raat hai) and upon seeing the caller name as 🐰🐇 he groaned thinking not again yaar....bhagwaan aapne ye insaan ko humesha sab logon ke neend ki dushman banne ke liye bheja kya...??

(Guess kiya kaun??

Kaun??

Kaun??...

I know title mein hi dediya maine so obviously kiya hi hoga)

But being the bestie he is and also knowing that ringing won't stop until he pick up the call,he received it to be met with a voice shouting on top of his voice: Manishaaaaaa......

Muttering something about having meanie and hooligan besties ,manish also replied almost in the similiar way keyword being almost "Veerrrrrrrr"....

Virat:mujhe tumse ek favour chahiye....

Manish(sulking at being disturbed at 2:15 am):Ab kis naya kid ko adopt kiya tumne??jinke upar jaasoosi karvana chahte ho mujhse??and time dekha tumne....iss time pe koi call karke favour mangte hai kya??

Vi(in a low voice): mein karta hu na....and mujhe tere team mein kisise baat karna hai...

Manish (irritated):Abey kaun hai wo??jo mere neend ki dushman bana hai...

Vi(childishly and very sweetly)..Haina ek....mani...mera mani se baat karna hai mujhe....

Struck with a whole lot of emotions as it is very rare that vi goes into his emotional mode(on field yes but off the field very rarely),manish couldn't help but feel a whole lot of affection for his bandar na na rabbit bestie (pun intended)..

Not wanting to let that peep in his voice,manish still annoyingly and dramatically said:veer mere yaar...aapke bandha haazir hai aapke saamne....

Veer(childishly):wahi tho baat hai....saamne nahi ho na...saamne aana chahte ho tho door kholo na mani.......my mani.....la la la la la....

Facepalming himself but doubtfully manish asked:veer are you drunk???

But he immediately chided himself as he knew it's been years (precisely 5) since his veer is drunk...1 or 2 glasses very rarely but other than that he is completely away from that vile liquid which his bestie referred to as poison....

Then it struck him lyk a lightening that vi actually said:door kholo na mani...

Immediately jumping from his bed,he opened the door to find a cheeky smiled(grinning from ear to ear) and a very innocent looking veer who hugged him very tight and refused to let him go....

(P.S:I just came to know that srh ka hotel is 2 min away from rcb hotel and 5 min away from kxip hotel in dubai...Google baba ki jai ho)

Manish managed to come inside with vi sticking to him and as soon as they came inside,vi immediately put his head on manish's lap...This is the last conclusive evidence manish has been waiting for....He certainly knew for a fact now that vi is drunk....Coz this is something which a sane veer would have never done...gone are those days when vi used to do the same with Mani....He is a lot more mature now ...Thinking all these manish started stroking Vi's hair albeit being worried wat had made veer touch alcohol that too like this (getting shit drunk) again after 5 years....

Manish coaxingly:veer.....kya hua....bola nahi tho mujhe kaise pata chalega....mei thodi na tera jinksy hu(trying to make things normal but that hit an alag sa chord which mani is unaware of)...

Veer(hugging manish through his waist):Mani...I'm sorry....mein bahuth bahuth bura friend hu na....mein tumhe deserve hi nahi karta hu na....tum aur revdi dono ko....haina....tum dono  mujhe chodke mat jao pls(innocent puppy eyes ke saath)....tum dono ko tho mujhpe bahuth gussa bhi hoga na....mein dhokebaaz nahi hu mani....trust me ...
Trust me....

Bewildered and not even understanding what virat is blaberring about but still wanting to calm him first ,stroking his hair:vi....vi...suno....tum kuch jyada hi soch rahe ho...pehle ye batao kya hua??

He was met with a silence  and he realised that vi slept off like that in his lap ...

Upon hearing door bell sounds continuously again and trying to make vi sleep on bed ,we can say manish has very successfully failed. ...Not having the heart to wake up vi he yelled to the other person on the otherside "jo koi bhi ho,reception jaake master key laake open kardo"....

This sentence made the other person frantic....He ran to the reception successfully disturbing the slightly sleepy receptionist and obtained the master key...

Opening the door and seeing the sight infront of him that person sighed a breathe of relief and at the same time,confused and perplexed too....

He whisper yelled:manish bhai...kya hua unko??..Manish was abt to retort saying sh...thoda dheere but the damage was already done and a drunk,sleepy,not in senses vi uttered the person's name lovingly..."....."

This made the person a bit shocked as to how can vi recognise him albeit not being in senses  completely....

Seeing this manish said chuckling:kyun itna surprised ho tum....he does that....neend mein bhi ya not being in senses bhi he cares for few ppl and you are one of them...I seriously doubt your observing skills if u haven't noticed that until now....I do agree that guy is a thickheaded one but if u think he doesnt love you, you are living under a rock... You know wat this is not the veer whom I know...

That person looked confused at manish and uttered: matlab....

Ab sab log milke sochlo who is that person....unka kya rishta hai manirat se....I'm right now obsessed with Manirat and another ICT ship after watching few old videos.... Initially I planned this as an OS par now this is gonna be a two shot coz of few reasons...