Will you?

Flashback continues 

Next day in class (Transfiguration)

"Hey moony, have you seen Lily, I mean she wasn't there during breakfast either?," James asked Remus, who was sitting beside him revising for the day's test, "I don't know, haven't seen Pads either this morning," Remus replied looking around the classroom.

"Umm......... so moony, I kinda saw them by the lake last night, they looked quite.. um.. close, and today they're both missing since morning. Call me stupid, but is there anything going on between the two of them?" "You are completely bonkers, Prongs," Remus said, getting back to his notes.

The bell rang and Professor McGonagall came in but there was still no sign of neither Lily nor Padfoot; she seemed to notice it too as the minute she came in she inquired about them from James, Remus and lily's best friends: Alice and Marlene. But none of them knew anything and therefore just shook their heads in negative.

So, Professor McGonagall started teaching but was interrupted by a very dishevelled looking Sirius who stopped in front of the classroom's door and by the way he was panting proved that he ran his way here.

"What is the meaningful of this Mr. Black?" She asked in her usual stern voice. "Prof... Professor... its peeves he.... has trashed the fourth floor corridor.... I was running as I was already .... running late for... the class.... he didn't even let me pass. He's still messing up the corridor.. and is also throwing water ballons on some lost first years," he told her.

"I'll come and sort this out, lead the way" with that she hurried out of the class with Sirius on lead.

As if on queue, Lily entered with a box of transparent glue, a bucket of flour and a whiteboard. She wrote something on the whiteboard with a marker. Then turned towards the class blackboard. She took a flat, thick brush and painted something on the board with the transparent glue.

After painting, she then let the brush on the table and threw the bucket of flour on the board. It was someone. She then held the whiteboard which said "GO TO THE BALL WITH ME?"

James did not wish to know who it was, so he just looked away but noticed that everyone was looking at him and then the painting. So, he now actually looked at the painting and BAM!

It was him, and Lily freaking Evans, the girl he has been in love with since third year and had a crush on since first year is asking him out. He thought of the number of times she'd said no to go out with him, and now she was asking her to the Christmass Ball!

He snapped out of it and realised she was waiting for an answer (as if it wasn't so obvious) looking a little disappointed now, as he'd been completely still for almost 3 minutes. He got up, though he wasn't sure his legs will support him.

He walked towards Lily and gave him he walked towards Lily and her his typical Potter grin "Are you honestly asking me out, Evans?"

"No, I was asking Remus " she replied sarcastically. "Of course I am asking you out, you idiot! Who else looks like that?" she added, pointing towards the board where she had made a beautiful sketch of him.

"So......?" Lily asked James, looking broken, as she thought he was going to say no or something.

"Come on, Evans, isn't it very obvious? I have been asking you out since first year, am I really going to say no when the opportunity presents itself?" She smiled at him.

Taking a chance, James took a step closer and leaned forward, and to his surprise so did she. Someone whistled in the background, but neither of them noticed in this moment all that mattered to them was each other.

Their lips were close, closer, just when they were about to meet someone coughed a very stern cough, a cough they could've recognised from a mile away, It was McGonagall; with a sheepishly grinning Sirius behind her who gave them a thumbs up.

Ignoring Lily and James standing awkwardly in the middle of a 'almost' kiss, she told everyone to take their respective seats.

That was when Lily and James noticed that the entire class was on their feet and waiting to see how this pans out and all of them looking as bewildered as James.

Because James' crush and Lily's hatred was well known to everyone; Thanks to Potter he always; he always found the most public ways to ask her out but Lily wasn't innocent either she always found the most loud and hateful ways to reject him.

After everyone had taken their seats, including Lily, James and Sirius; McGonagall turned towards the board and pretended that she did not see a huge sketch on it, but he could've sworn he saw her smile out of the corner of her mouth before erasing it with a flick of her lesson continued.

James kept glancing at Lily from the corner of his eyes, this did not go unnoticed by Lily. She turned her head in his direction and said out loud "Do you want me to take away your glasses Potter or will you stop staring at me?" she smiled and turned her attention back to the lesson or so she tried she could not concentrate all she could think about was the way he was looking at her and unintentionally she kept glancing at him she snapped out of it when she heard James say "Need my glasses Evans to get a good look at me?"

*Flashback Ends*

Lily's POV

"Huh! you too really are rude, didn't even say thankyou, I got a detention for that, for crying out loud." Sirius said in a very (sirius) way. "Yeah, Thankyou," me and James said in unison.

"Now guys lets go, don't you and James have to go to your sister?" Remus asked me.

Yes, we indeed have to go, and she has a lot to answer.

~XOXO~

4.6k oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am writing this during exams for PooRaichand thankyou for all your comments!

sincerely