When Day Becomes Night

Thermistokles and his people arrived in Sparta the next day. Thermistokles was summoned to the new king's palace.

   "What took you so long?" Pleistarchus asked in a tone that seemed slightly annoyed.

   "We got caught up by a squadron of Spartans on the way here." Thermistokles said angrily. "We lost twenty soldiers, two children and three women, so less attitude would be appreciated."

   "Sorry," Pleistarhcus gestured to the table that was filled with food. He sees Thermistokles look out the door. "Don't worry, the others are having a feast just as good as ours. Check if you don't believe me."

   Thermistokles took up on Plesitarchus' offer and looked outside to see the Spartans and Athenians eating and laughing with each other. Dilios put his hand on Thermistokles' shoulder and sighed heavily.

   "It's a shame that it has taken this long and that it's under these circumstances that we are here and sharing our food, intellect and humor with each other."

   Thermistokles returns the sigh. "I know," He said picking up a glass of wine. "To a new friendship that shall last forever."

   "I can drink to that." Pleistarchus said as he tapped his friend's cup in a cheers. He then walks to the doorway while holding his cup high in the air. "To a new friendship that shall last forever!"

  Everyone then cheered, tapping their glasses with each other and drinking their wine. Pleistarchus, Dilios and Thermistokles smile at the event that happened, but they know that the peace they were experiancing wouldn't last forever. And they knew that at sooner or later, when day becomes night, there would be bloodshed, and they hope that once it's over there would be someone left to tell their story.