A King's Fury

It was three weeks before battle is when the Persian messenger finally reached the Spartan camp. Astinos dragged the messenger into Leonidas' tent where he and Stelios were eating.

   "Astinos, what is the meaning for this interruption?" Stelios asked.

   "My lord, you need to hear this." Was the Spartan's reply.

   "Who is this?" Leonidas asked.

   "A Persian scout my lord." Was the Persian's reply.

   "Ok, why are you here?"

   "To bring you a message that the Iroans killed a masked archer that was lurking in their camps and that they are requesting to fight in Athens."

   Leonidas' face grew hot and red with rage and he threw his knife utensil at the messenger killing him.

   "I told him to spy and gain information not fucking infaltrate!" He yells. "Damn it, we lost a very, very valuable asset to our army."

   "We still have his Hades Fire." Stelios said reassuringly.

   "Yes, but all we have now are shitty archers."

   "Those shitty archers range in the thousands." Astinos said.

   "I would rather have one great archer then a thousand shitty ones."

   "And I told you that I didn't trust that guy!" Stelios said. "I told you that he was stupid, and hard to control and look where that got him, and got us!"

   "You seem to think that you're talking to one of the servants." Leonidas said angrily towards Stelios. Stelios looked away. "Send a guard to Iroas to tell them that Iroas would burn for what they've done."

   "Is that it my lord?" Astinos asked.

   "No, one more thing, tell them we'll see them in Athens."

   (Sorry for the short chapter, but the story needed to know how Leonidas reacted to his best archer getting killed)